US Vogue March 2018 : Alicia Vikander by Steven Klein

With a thread title like that, I came to hate... and I was right. I DIDN'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!

It seems March covers, and issues are especially lackluster this year! Vikander is the last person i want to see on the cover, zero interest in her, or that awful looking remake. But she can photograph million times better than this (even though i always think her spark fails to come through in print!)what is going on with her face? Next to the shirt it really washes her out, this could have been so much better. Nice to see Klein finally got a cover, again, though!

I dont know about the odd styling and her serious expression, but I like everything else! It's lovely to see a literal summer cover, even for March.

The last person I'd have imagined for this very important edition. I know her biggest trump cards are probably Tomb Raider and LV, but I doubt this will sell much for them.

Her again?? She's such a non entity in films or fashion.
I love Steven Klein, but this isn't one of his best.
Anna is so dull and obvious with her monthly choices.
She really needs to go, but I know they'll have to remove her body from the Conde Nast offices first.

Too robotic looking if that makes sense. Steven Klein's photography is not for US Vogue covers.
Also horrible styling.

Alicia Vikander
Photographer:
Steven Klein
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Make-up: Yadim
Hair: Garren

vogue.com

I mean that can't possibly her real life skin tone? She looks 20 years older in these ed pictures!! Klein usually likes this kinda tanned skin, and robotic feel so i bet it's all him, but that ed belongs in W, not Vogue!!

While I admire Vogue for going with someone like Steven Klein, as opposed to the usual suspects, I have to agree with Scotty - Klein's aesthetic just isn't right for Vogue's front covers (or at least this style of photography Klein produces).

Also, someone on Instagram pointed out in the comments how long Alicia's arm is, and now it's all I can see.

It doesn't look bad at all if I cover her face with my thumb. And that isn't a jab at her beauty - I find her features very delicate and well-positioned - but at her facial expressions, which are a bore in print. She is as interesting as a piece of cardboard to me.

I do have a slight problem with the stomach area as well. I think everything would have looked better if she showed off her abs; they were rock-solid judging from candids from this summer. That would have been a rather bold statement from Vogue, but of course they went for the safer version.

I also am not a fan of the editorial, except for that shot where she is in McQueen.

she looks 30 years older than she is on the cover, and it's an uninteresting cover - somehow fitting for her (sorry, never liked her). The editorial is slightly better but still as forgettable as the film she's promoting.

Her again?? She's such a non entity in films or fashion.
I love Steven Klein, but this isn't one of his best.
Anna is so dull and obvious with her monthly choices.
She really needs to go, but I know they'll have to remove her body from the Conde Nast offices first.
And Vogue has become a non event! Even for their big issues like March&Sept!! I remember they at least tried to do something with their movie stars for those special issues, now they all blend together! This could have easily been the June/July.etc issue!

I think Elle US won the battle of Lara Croft cover for march.

I like her but I don´t like this cover. The pose is too stiff (those arms!) and the photoshop makes it look too fake. The editorials is so boring imo, I was expecting something more interesting from Klein.

This is an improvement from her last cover for Vogue but it’s still awful. She’s stunning but doesn’t photograph well at all. She was on every other magazine cover in 2016, I really hope that doesn’t happen again. I agree Steven Klein is not a cover worthy photographer

This doesn't look like a US Vogue cover. I don't like her, poor styling and poor editorial. At first sight, I thought it was Vogue Paris.
So sad about this March issue, it looks like a last-minute replacement, i was expecting more than this.

The editorial is interesting and certainly different from the usual celebrity treatment. There's a stiff artificial vibe which I like here. Reminds me of Daisy's October one. It's just her skin. Looks very harsh and dry. Could do with a bit of moisturising.

I think Elle US won the battle of Lara Croft cover for march.

:lol::lol::lol: Touché! Elle got the original interviewed by a former Secretary of State, and Vogue the knock-off. What a world we're living in!

I want to believe that there's a breeze flowing through Alicia's blouse, making it look so odd...

Also, agree with Dodencebt, her body looked amazing while she was filming this movie in South African. Maybe more of that

is it in purpose that her reflection on the window in the 3rd photo doesn't have the same eye direction than the real body ? :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->