US Vogue March 2018 : Alicia Vikander by Steven Klein

This magazine is becoming so irrelevant month after month. And those headlines on the cover are so dreadful to read. :sick:

I think this was pushed by LV and not (only) because she's one of Anna's favourites. As everyone said, Elle definitely beat Vogue and Bazaar this month in the US.

How many pages for this March issue? The fact that it isn't written on the cover makes me think that this will be a "skinny" issue (probably less than 500 or even worse). What do you think?

Alicia is an odd one for me - I like her, I think she is talented and seems interesting, but she never expresses any warmth to me. She is great at playing colder or angry characters, but in both film and print I get a lack of warmth. This would be fine if they did a more fierce editorial and used that to their advantage, but this is not working. They also made her look older than she is and somehow extended her arm to the point of distraction. Very odd.

Ridiculous, US Vogue is the worst

I hate Klein's photography, only Annie is worse in my books, and this cover is true to form. The Frida Kahlo pose could work if it wasn't for the leathery skin she was given. But then it's Klein, so...:rolleyes:

I like Alicia, but I think she's suited for a more low key role in Hollywood.

I like Alicia, but I think she's suited for a more low key role in Hollywood.

I've said it before, LS! These girls, Alicia, Michelle Williams, Rooney Mara, they are not convincing as fashion PR puppet roles which the industry demands from them. Great actresses, but they really have no business selling fashion. That's just my two cents.

There is no more hype for the March issue. Tragic.

I prefer her last Vogue cover, but I’m also very happy to see Steven Klein getting the cover treatment. As much as he over photoshops things, I still like is imagery.

BUT, this cover gives me no chills what so ever for a March cover. Such a let down.

Also, I thought GaGa was suppose to be on the March cover?

Such a beautiful girl and yet she just falls flat in print everytime. The post-production work on the cover and editorial is way, way too severe however. The colour of everything is just pushed too far.

I'm sorry but I think she's one of the most painfully average looking actresses in Hollywood right now and this cover just reaffirms this.

So much retouching.... someone went overboard with the Sharpen and Lengthen tools :lol:

All 3 of Annas 2018 cover choices so far have been extremely predictable. Lupita, Serena and now Alicia.... its the same small group of celebs (including KenGi), over and over again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Alicia is just so weak in print and I'm almost sure they hired Klein to bring some attitude/fierceness from her but even him couldn't sucess to that

What a dreadful cover. If it was softer and without all the effects then it would be 100x better. Klein should never, ever be used for this kind of shoot; his current style just doesn't work well for a commercial image.

Mikael Jansson would have been a much better choice to shoot this and would have done a great job of it. The elements are there; fresh, springy colours, a beautiful movie star and a lovely (albeit generic) location/backdrop, but this is just bad.

Stop trying to make Alicia happen!

That E.T. arm is literally all I can see. And her expression.

Wow, I really thought Saoirse had this one. How has she never had a Vogue cover (UK or US)?

Criingge at that video 'performance'.....it made Chanel's short film look like art house gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"