US Vogue March 2018 : Alicia Vikander by Steven Klein

Wow, a Demarchelier and Trentini ed in US Vogue and not a jumping shot in sight? Did she have motion sickness?!?!
I love Jamie Hawksworth's editorial which is the redeeming feature overall. Personally I think the removal of Testino from this magazine will prove beneficial (and hopefully stop these tired eds where every non-entity offspring and minor socialite manages to squeeze a shot in. Rafferty Law, seriously?)

have Testino and Demarchelier always been this bad? or is it just in US Vogue?

Since 2014 I became a lover to Nicki's high-fashion persona. She keeps evolving and in this issue we have another proof of this.

Testino is still here lol. It’s time to give Nicki a cover btw.

His editorials were probably shot prior to the scandal... they are able to get away with using them since its not the cover...

I do like Jamie and Patrick's edits... its sad that US Vogue has become completely devoted to celebrities. Prior the covers would be given to actresses but there would be nice edits with models. Now its like how many celebs and/or their offsprings they can pack into one edit...

Also, Irina and Hannah do not suit American Vogue for me... they should have used one of their regular models like Grace or Kendall or whoever...

Jamie's editorial is pure loveliness, this harks back to 90s purity for me (maybe more Bazaar of that era than Vogue itself). Nothing but big-ups for that set, his second saving grave of an editorial after the one from last October.

Tonne did some really good styling in Caroline/Patrick's editorial for me and she's just getting better as she gets older (a bit like Karen E). Testino's edits can go right in the bin, along with Lucinda.

No contributions from God Phyllis Posnick in this issue :unsure:?

Two Testino eds? lol

Trentini's blackish, bushy eyebrows...do not look good on her.

Since 2014 I became a lover to Nicki's high-fashion persona. She keeps evolving and in this issue we have another proof of this.

Same here. Was that the time she came back fresh-faced, leaving behind all the craziness of garish coloured wigs and Jeremy Scott soft toy dresses? Don't care for her music, but love her fashion persona. She seems genuinely interested in it.

The last time we saw her in this magazine was as a HF Smurf back in 2012. Since then she's covered Elle, Allure, W, Marie Claire x2. And now they're disrespecting her by putting her next to the Hadids and Lily Collins? She's ready for a Vogue cover now. Hold on the next Lupita/Emma/Rihanna cover and give it to her instead!

Except for the nice Hawkesworth story the rest of this issue time travelled from 2008.

LIFE OF THE PARTY
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Val Garland
Models: Nora Attal, Saffron Vadher, King Owusu, Evangeline Ling, Pixie Geldof, Joe Dempsie, Ellie Bamber, Jenaye Noah, Isabel Getty, Tom Glynn-Carney, Rita Ora, Josh O’Connor, Clara Paget, Georgia May Jagger, Suki Waterhouse, Olly Alexander, Ruth Bell, Ayede, Maddi Waterhouse, Rafferty Law, Ella-Rae Smith, Vadher, Cora Corré, Fionn Whitehead, Maddi Waterhouse, Harris Dickinson, Jena Goldsack, Ballerina Francesca Hayward and Lucan Gillespie

US Vogue March 2018 Digital Edition

US Vogue March 2018 Digital Edition via zzzyao76

Lucinda Chambers Mess has now come to US Vogue. Yay.

Newsstand.co.uk is showing this issue as having arrived in the UK today - which seems very fast.

Very fast for a magazine containing Testino, Trentini and a slightly better rendition of the sort of desert editorial you see in US Bazaar all the time, so I think I'll be passing it by...

Newsstand.co.uk is showing this issue as having arrived in the UK today - which seems very fast.

Very fast for a magazine containing Testino, Trentini and a slightly better rendition of the sort of desert editorial you see in US Bazaar all the time, so I think I'll be passing it by...

Very fast indeed! I only just bought the February issue with Serena Williams on Tuesday (think it arrived here over the weekend), so I'm also amazed to see the March issue already out here. Ordered my copy right away, so thanks for the heads up! :flower:

Kinda feel like they made the March Issue a non-event and are selling it as fast as possible due to the MT contents.

Kinda feel like they made the March Issue a non-event and are selling it as fast as possible due to the MT contents.

You can add Demarchelier to the list now.

Wow, this is actually out on the UK newsstand - and not just on the internet - about a week after the Serena cover arrived.

When one of the cornerstone titles is rushing itself along like this, it really feels like 2017-2018 is the period when fashion magazines self-implode.

That Lucinda Chambers ed is too much for me, they were awful and dated on Vogue UK, no need to bring it with her to this magazine...makes me happy Mario Testino came down with the witch hunt.

Jamie's ed is so good, I love the cheeky credit on Nora's portrait lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->