US Vogue March 2021 : Gigi Hadid by Ethan James Green

The Prada dress looks like a bloodbath - like actual haemorrhaging has occurred. And what’s with the state of the master head??? Why is she leaning slightly and holding the front of the dress like that? As for her expression, she’s giving me nothing but a slight “you’re beneath me” look.

Happy tha Gigi got her solo cover of US Vogue, but is horrerous & she looks dumpy with that Prada dress. The editorial is a bit better, the composition is great & Green made a good work to pay tribute to the Avedon's photography.

I like the cover at least one cover that speaks fashion, the Vogue logo reminds me of the Fabien Baron era of Vogue Paris & Interview, the "drawing" pictures are so cheap photoshop 101.
Yes. The drawing pictures are very Vogue Italia.

I like Gigi but the dress and pose on the cover is not working for me, the ed is better though imo...

people here really have finally warmed up to gigi, haven't they lol

How did Anna expect people buy this issue if all the interview and pictures are online?...no mistery, no teasing...she thinks people gonna buy this magazine to have Gigi’s pictures?...
They don’t know to who they are talking to..

How did Anna expect people buy this issue if all the interview and pictures are online?...no mistery, no teasing...she thinks people gonna buy this magazine to have Gigi’s pictures?...
Doesn’t this happen with all issues...?

Doesn’t this happen with all issues...?

Yes i know, and i think it’s dumb from them....and Anna thinks people respond to magazines the same way like it was before social media and Internet...if u go only for likes and media validation something is gonna be sacrificed and in this case it is the physical magazine. Unless this is how they see the magazine, the vehicle for likes and that’s all, not caring about the sales.

This is the case with every issue, but Gigi unlike a few of the other cover subjects Anna’s chosen actually has a decently strong fan base that will buy whatever she’s selling.

That being said, if I’m remembering correctly 2020 was slated to be the year that Vogue.com started moving a portion of its content behind a paywall, most likely for this exact reason. The pandemic probably derailed those plans a little though.

This cover is quite stunning (I actually enjoy it when Ethan James Green does his Meisel moment). However, Gigi being dressed in the blood-stained looking Prada coat evokes a rather macabre message/image given the fact that she recently gave birth. Other than that, I like this.

Last edited:
What is this cheap Meisel knock off hunny

Normally I don't mind her work but this is terrible. When I saw people fawning over it on Instagram I knew that TFS is where I needed to be to get a more tasteful interpretation. It's giving me Adam's family vibes only less elegant. The video on the IMG page showing a photoshopped clip makes me even hate it more.

Can’t say I like it. I hate it that you can see they lifted Gigi’s head from another shot onto this one.

So badly done also...it’s a common practice but i hate when they do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"