US Vogue May 2005 : Liya Kebede by Steven Meisel

dancingellecat

Reaction score
Yes, 'tis true! Liya is on the US Vogue!

Vogue.com

Haven't seen the cover yet, but there are pictures there.

liyavogueimg.jpg

Liya is not one of my favorite models, but I am still happier than if it was an actress or singer on the cover! :wink:
http://models.com/oftheminute/images/liyavogueimg.jpg

I think Liya is one of the classiest models around. She is so beautiful inside and out. She deserves the cover.:heart:

i dont like the cover but i'm glad she's there, she's beautiful and she deserves it ^_^

I like the cover.. but I agree.. people said in another thread.. US Vogue has too many words on the cover

^^ Ahh! was just going to say that. I'm elated just on the basis that it is a MODEL on Vogue.. However, TOO MANY WORDS, it takes away from just how beautiful Liya is. It looks so cluttered and crowded.

Yay, Lyia!!! I agree there are too many words, but finaly a model on the cover of US vogue, they beter keep it up!

marc jacobs addict said:
^^ Ahh! was just going to say that. I'm elated just on the basis that it is a MODEL on Vogue.. However, TOO MANY WORDS, it takes away from just how beautiful Liya is. It looks so cluttered and crowded.

YIKES... i agree with that. it looks SO cluttered. :wacko:
but, i am very excited (and quite surprised) that there's a model on the cover of vogue!! ...finally!! :woot: :clap: let's hope that this is the beginning of something good...

its about time vogue is always talking about how they are going to have more feature stories of models... yay that they finally held out on their word, but nooo.. that they gave her only 1 pg. i think she people may have wanted to read about her.

(from models.com)
Legendary
liyavogueimg.jpg

Liya/IMG. Ph. Steven Meisel for US Vogue May 04
She’s legendary now and the fact is indisputable. Witness Liya Kebede (who you first saw here in August 2000) on the cover of US Vogue May 2004. All hail.

I agree-- Liya: very classy and you all took the words right out of my fingers.. TOO MANY WORDS on the cover! I noticed how it reads "Cover Model with a Cause" and Model_Mom CALLED that one! Good for Liya.. but now to models have to do wonderful selfless acts to get on the cover of US vogue? before you know it they will all be trying to cure aids!

You know that American Fashion has taken a turn for the worse when we are excited about a MODEL on the cover of US VOGUE......:rolleyes:

:buzz: this is wonderful :woot: and what a gorgeous cover - love her ^_^ :heart: :flower:

Finally! Liya looks great, but they cluttered it up with too much font.

Thanks for posting the picture :flower: I'm SO excited to get this in the mail. As everyone has already said, it's obviously so great to see a model on the cover...and I love Liya. She is one of my all-time favorite models. I just hope that everyone runs out and buys this issue, so maybe we can see more models on covers in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->