US Vogue May 2010 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

greyeyes

Reaction score
i guess the rumor wasn't true about june after all, may cover girl Sarah Jessica Parker
she looks really good, the cover is a lot better than her last one in june.
:heart::heart:

ebay via kostas0214

The Great American Women text is a bit too large for my liking, as is the word 'style' but I think overall it's not a bad cover. It's nice that she's smiling.

The cover seems happy and colourful - but my first thought goes to what the editorials will be like, and who's going to be in them, which is not something I've always felt about US Vogue. But I keep picking up recent issues for a re-read, and realising that the content isn't bad at all. So I have my hopes for this issue...

Wow, SJP on the cover of Vogue? I don't think anyone could have seen this coming :rolleyes: I am excited to see the editorial though because I loved the last one she did with Chris Noth. I hate the cheesy smile on the cover though :yuk:

what an early preview :shock: surprisingly i like the cover. SJP looks good, and there seems to be very minimal retouching.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^its obviously with the release of SATC Movie 2, i loved her previous editorial aswell, shame this didn't match up :| (cover wise)
is it just me or is there something up with her hair line ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow surprised they used her so early. The June cover would have made more sense with the movie. This marks her 5th cover: Feb 2002, Aug 2003, Sept 2005, June 2008, May 2010

Anyway typical Vogue cover.

OMG, so the rumor wasn't true at all. Really thought she's gonna be on the June cover. But anyways, I think I like this one. She looks great in that dress. Plus her smile looks joyful, not that she was just forced to do it. :D (At least that's what I think)

Can't wait for the review! And I wonder who shot this. Please, not Testino! :D

Its quite nice actually :smile:, can't wait for the review, been liking there eds so far.

So the cover's telling us Taylor Swift's in there, which Lindsey though..?

What a happy cover!!!!! she looks really happy there... I haven't felt so gd about a Vogue us cover for so long. :flower:

It's better than her last US Vogue or Elle cover. But I don't like her and the fact that it's cover of US Vogue makes it boring, even if the cover looks bit positively.

I happen to really like this cover. Sarah's smile is captivating, there's a very happy feeling into it and it's quite summerish. Can't wait for a review!

I don't understand how/why Sarah Jessica Parker is a 'fashion superstar'? Are they referring to Carrie? Or that awful line of clothing she created? Either way, she was barely responsible for either. And don't even get me started on her perfumes.

I'm probably the only one, but I do not appreciate Sarah Jessica. To me she represents a very different calibre of actor/celebrity. She is certainly not on the level of Nicole Kidman or Tilda Swinton or Julianne Moore.

To me, this cover choice screams $$$ and nothing more. She is featured in Vogue because her issues obviously sell well. It's a shame that other talented and more refined women are pushed aside in favour of people like Sarah Jessica.

Predictable, but Sarah sells well for Vogue.

I like. She looks decent for a change. Not sure about that pink text with that purple get up. Even though the text is overwhelming, the cover is actually a pleasure.

I don't understand how/why Sarah Jessica Parker is a 'fashion superstar'? Are they referring to Carrie? Or that awful line of clothing she created? Either way, she was barely responsible for either. And don't even get me started on her perfumes.

I'm probably the only one, but I do not appreciate Sarah Jessica. To me she represents a very different calibre of actor/celebrity. She is certainly not on the level of Nicole Kidman or Tilda Swinton or Julianne Moore.

To me, this cover choice screams $$$ and nothing more. She is featured in Vogue because her issues obviously sell well. It's a shame that other talented and more refined women are pushed aside in favour of people like Sarah Jessica.

Whether you like her or not SJP is synonmous with fashion through Sex in the City and her red carpet style which is adventurous for an actress in her age range.

I agree with her not being on the level of Nicole, Tilda or Juliane. She's far above them having achieved major success in both television and movies to the point she's a household name. SJP headlines movies and sells tickets --none of those other women can claim that. To top it off, she's actually American unlike two of the three women you mentioned. It's nice to see actual talented Americans on the cover and not someone like Sienna Miller who has accomplished nothing yet Anna has been trying to shove her down our throats the past few years.

Thanks Gary101.

OMG I LOVE IT!!
The cover is so fresh and she is so elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->