US Vogue May 2018 : Amal Clooney by Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

Honestly Ivanka Trump would have been a much better choice. First she would be able to give a more glamorous cover... and her interview on how she became a sell out would be far more interesting..

I am not interested in Amal at all... don't care if she is married to George Clooney...I doubt most American women even know her...

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I imagine most will know her thanks to George Clooney and what a fuss the media made that he finally capitulated. Finally ditched his playboy image married. Also there's the twins, who got a coverline just in case we forgot.

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I didn't even see that coverline about the twins, probably because I'm not interested in reading a magazine that feels like it's becoming "Mega-Money Mother and Baby Monthly".

4. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Yikes, I knew this was coming but I was hoping for something more fashionable. This is not Vogue!

5. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

I am glad you said that.
    Kim K got vogue cover but Melania THE FIRST LADY cant?? Vogue should love her - she is an immigrant OH WAIT she is a legal one. Lets not forget that she is a wife of WhITe sUpreMAcist and rAcIst

Cover is boring. I have zero interest in her but everything could be done much better.
    This Mcqueen dress looks horrible on her.

6. Yohji

Yohji Well-Known Member

It looks more like a Tatler/Grazia cover where they have conspicuously used a paparazzo image.

7. eneroenero

eneroenero Member

Like a joke! jaja

8. Handbag Queen

Handbag Queen Well-Known Member

This looks like a photo shot at an Oscar soiree. I don't see it selling well.

9. Handbag Queen

Handbag Queen Well-Known Member

Right there with you! Hoping it's not just a rumor and that she's retiring......

10. Royal-Galliano

Royal-Galliano Well-Known Member

:lol:

this is painful. yet another proof that leibovitz is totally lost.

11. SallyAlbright

SallyAlbright Well-Known Member

I actually like Amal well enough, I at least think she's pretty and looks nice in most outfits she wears. However, this does nothing for her. The cover is boring, the editorial is unflattering (she looks hunchbacked in one of the shots), and the cover story tells you nothing new about her, her life, or her husband. Letdown all around.

I actually think a Melania cover/interview would be fascinating, since no one really knows anything about her or how she feels about the way her life has changed. It would be daring, and she would obviously look great. However, hell would freeze over before Anna would do that.

12. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s Vogue and it’s a glamorous woman doing a «*serious*» job. I didn’t expect that much and I don’t understand why some of you all are surprised.
    It’s pure lifestyle, almost cheesy and that’s all.

Do you all think that US Vogue needs a controversy of having a Trump on the cover? Can we be rational just one moment!?

It would have been better to have her styled in a glamorous way but doing her usual job and being active than this cheesy mess of her in a garden and faking to work on her sofa.

13. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Me neither. Vogue US is actually produced for people like her. She's an obvious choice. Why they went with the Grazia cover and didn't make more a production out of it is what i find intriguing. Where is the wind machine and the fake cliff?

14. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

The least they could have done with her is slick her hair back, or something...I'm absolutely exhausted with this Little Mermaid hair on everyone...will it ever stop?!??!?!?!??!?! Please, GOD, make it stop!

Also...so sick of everyone being an ACTIVIST. Biggest eye roll ever.

#54 dior_couture1245, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Paralled: Apr 10, 2018
  15. alterapars

alterapars New Member

What a waste of potential. I think Amal is a great choice for the Cover, but i don't like the pictures at all. Probably it's difficult to get a good picture of her and they had no time, otherwise I can't explain this choice. Especially that faked picture with her client? Why does one woman have to look miserable to make another shine? Why are not both pictured strong?

16. GinAndTonic

GinAndTonic Active Member

17. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

The McQueen dress looks gorgeous and Amal looks beautiful on the cover but the editorial is another story. I can't believe they actually used the shot of her in 'comforting' mode. So cheesy

18. badgalcrush

badgalcrush Active Member

Is that Vogue ?

I have nothing against Amal or her overrated husband but it could have been so much better and dramatic it's not even eye catching and on the newstands people could mistaken this for another magazine not Vogue

As someone said previously at this point I wouldn't be suprise to see Irina Shayk "Cooper" very soon on a cover

19. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

A Vogue cover is not a popular vote, a first lady is not entitled to it. Like it or not the magazine reflects the editor's views and I'm glad Anna is taking a stance on a serious issue and not making business her top priority for once.

20. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

I love her and she is so beautiful. But the cover and edit are so boring!