US Vogue May 2018 : Amal Clooney by Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Apr 10, 2018.

1. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Everything is horrible. One of the most boring issues ever.
    Why Anna uses Lucinda and not Benjamin Bruno?

hate everything.

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I'm with you! I would've honestly preferred another editorial of Caroline Trentini jumping across the studio, as opposed to any of the fashion content this issue seems to be offering. Everything looks so... naff!

Nevertheless, as pedestrian and ordinary the cover shot of the gorgeous Amal Clooney is - I like it. Annie Leibovitz does indeed seem to have lost her magic over recent years and this shoot is yet another example of how flat and redundant her work can be but I don't hate it. I do think Mario Testino would've done a far superior job, and think Anna would've given Testino this shoot if he wasn't accused of sexual misconduct.

3. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

US Vogue is beyond weird these days...I enjoyed Steven Klein and Jamie Hawkesworth's stories in the previous issues (particularly the one in March), but the overall magazine looks like it's going through gastric bypass as each issue goes on. Slimmer, slimmer and slimmer. So much pointless content inside when I flick through in the shops as well.

Then you have all of these awful stories in this issue. What in God's name is that Nigel Shafran piece with a washed up 90s actress? Yet they managed to secure God Lorca diCorcia, and even though his edit is very stiff and a bit lacking, it's still a million times better than whatever else's going on here.

4. KateIsGr8

KateIsGr8 Active Member

She’s an artist now who goes by Leelee Kimmel.

5. McKinney

McKinney Member

LOOOOVE the MET GALA editorial Its been a while since I've seen something so regal and pristine:blush:
    I'm not fond of the cover, but Amal is a perfect choice for Vogue; I'd love to see her styled much better next time. As a woman of color and a medical school student, it's refreshing to see someone so beautiful and intelligent on a cover who ISN'T of European descent.

6. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

This is the most random issue ever, are we sure this is may 2018?
    TERRIBLE!

7. Rigida

Rigida Well-Known Member

Just skimmed through this issue and is very dissapointed. This issue feels sterile and empty, but the biggest question is...

where is the fashion??

isn't Vogue supposed to be a fashion magazine?? Even US Bazaar's content is more packed than this..