US Vogue May 2020 : Gal Gadot by Annie Leibovitz

Oh this is BEAUTIFUL. By far, the best US Vogue cover of the year. A return to form at most. Reminds me of the equally beautiful Nicole Kidman 2008 cover.

Magazines can produce something as beautiful as this without being insensitive. The world will understand as in times like these people need something to entertain themselves with.

Oh wow, way to go Anna! It really brings back memories of the good, old classic Vogue. Gal looks absolutely magnificent as usual.
So glad that they got Annie to shoot this and not Tyler. It looks a hundred times better than last month's cover. Can't wait to see more.

Reactions: KoV
Despite the backlash of that “Imagine” cover, but I must admit, I am living for this cover!

That's a gorgeous cover. A bit unfortunate with the timing of that Imagine fiasco, lol.

LOL, knew the thread would be filled with references to 'Imagine', and rightly so.

How did they pass on the second editorial preview as a cover option? Happy with the final choice, but of course it looks like she's photoshopped onto the background. It's Leibovitz!
But it is indeed a return to form. They need it after the terrible covers they've released since January. The editorial however.....:wacko:

@SLFC Agreed! Her skintone looks the same as the backdrop? Surely that can't be right.

Gorgeous cover, it reminds me to Rihanna's april 2016 cover. I love everything about it, the editorial is glorious except the "levitating" photo, very cliche.

Extremely BAD postproduction/Photoshop work. Gal Gadot was clearly shot in the studio, and after that (as I already said, extremely poor!) "glued" to those canyons imagery. Once again, too bad and too amateurish from Annie Leibovitz and US Vogue.

Extremely BAD postproduction/Photoshop work. Gal Gadot was clearly shot in the studio, and after that (as I already said, extremely poor!) "glued" to those canyons imagery. Once again, too bad and too amateurish from Annie Leibovitz and US Vogue.

it was shot on location

it was shot on location

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion as is everyone entitled to object with an opposing opinion; that's the beauty (and point of their existence, in the first place!) of an open forums.

4 looks are couture but where is Chanel?

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion as is everyone entitled to object with an opposing opinion; that's the beauty (and point of their existence, in the first place!) of an open forums.

I totally agree! But whether it was shot on location or in a studio with a photoshopped backdrop is a matter of fact, not opinion. Whether or not the results are any good is where opinion comes into play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->