US Vogue May 2022 : Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz

I don’t like it. Rihanna's expression is of contempt/disgust (at least that's how I read it) and she almost looks photoshopped into the room. She's made so many public appearances with outfits designed to showcase her baby bump, it feels a bit tired by now for a Vogue cover.

The editorial is on the site, though, and every single shot is better than the cover shot.

Last edited:
Cropping is really weird. A zoomed-in version would've been a killer. She looks good, though. Loved her pregnancy style.

So that one rumor I refuse to believe in turned out to be legit.

This may not be on par with some of her previous Vogue covers, but Rihanna is very much welcome on this magazine's front page no matter how many times we've seen her here before + the gold and red colors also add much decadence on this cover which really suit their cover subject.

Also, thank god they stopped with their questionable kerning already; I didn't like how they expand their letters on their covers from Feb to Apr.

I feel like all her recent pregnancy looks and IG pictures have been way cooler and stylish than anything here, it almost feels like a downgrade for her.

And at this point Adobe should really send a cease and desist to Annie.

Definitely not my favorite Rihanna cover, but it's very lovely to see her back in Vogue. Although, I must admit I'm even more thrilled about Annie's return! She always brings a nostalgic feeling of Vogue's glory days with her. The editorial is absolutely splendid, I love every single image! That bathtub shot is spectacular.

It feels a bit late, if I’m honest.

But I quite like some of the editorial, however, I don’t love the cover

I don't Like Rihanna, but I must say that this Vogue cover excites me, after two years of disasters and bland and boring covers, Vogue readers need glamor, fashion, a real Star, I love Annie Leibovitz, her works have always been scenographic, theatrical, like paintings ..... we leave the "alternative and indie" photos to magazines like "Dazed & Company", Vogue America needs to return to the splendors of the past (Mario Testino, Mert & Marcus , Craig mcdean, Tim Walker, Steven Klein, Meisel, David Sims, Inez Vinoodh)

New Alaia is not only on the cover but in one shot of the ed as well. Is this promotion of that basic trash her middle finger to Azzedine?

I was JUST thinking an hour ago that we're going to see a pregnant / mommy Rihanna on Vogue US sooner or later! I agree that many of her public appearances have been more stylish than this, but there are some good shots in here. Rihanna just looks spectacular, especially in that balcony shot.

Stunning. She’s basically said “f**k maternity clothes” from the jump. I love it.

I like it, but it's not particularly interesting, or groundbreaking.
She looks spectacular on the cover tho, even in that horrible outfit.
Pregnant Rihanna on the cover of Vogue was predestined by Nostradamus, so I guess her next
one will be post pregnancy, with child.:wink:

Thank goodness for Rihanna. I was already afraid that it would be the wedding cover of the young Beckhams

She looks stunning but am not feeling the cover at all. The outfit, set and text are a no

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"