US Vogue November 2003 : Uma Thurman by Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by PradaP, Oct 18, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. PradaP

PradaP New Member

excellent news, best news for US Vogue so far this year (in my opinion anyway)

anyways it is official that the November cover of US Vogue goes to Uma and is photographed by Leibovitz.. said to be similar to Cameron Diaz's cover from earlier this year (cant remember it)

but I look forward to seeing this issue!

2. lele

lele New Member

i saw it last night on the entertainment tonight, she looked incredible... it was fast and a small image so i could not explain it well..... but i think uma fans will enjoy it.

3. madmagazine

madmagazine Member

photographed by Annie Leibovitz.

4. madmagazine

madmagazine Member

Uma Thurman.

5. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

:eek: Jaw Dropping. :eek: :heart:

Love the lean godess pose. ;)

6. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

7. Ärtan

Ärtan New Member

me too

8. Girly Girl

Girly Girl New Member

I just recieved my issue in the mail. She looks stunning...

9. Oria

Oria New Member

Wow this is nice, will pick-up my copy today!

10. Serena

Serena New Member

Oh, i :heart: :heart: Uma Thurman! can't wait to get my copy in the mail
    it does remind me Cami Diaz cover form last year

11. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Nice. :woot: Thanks for the pictures, madmagazine. :flower:

12. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Not a huge fan of Uma, personally.

However - the pictures are taken extremely well...

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

love it, goo dmoemt for us vogue :heart:

14. metal-on-metal

I just picked this issue up today and I truly agree that Uma looks absolutely breathtaking.

And yes, spacemiu, I also think this is a good time for US Vogue. I've lost a lot of faith in other mags as of late. V has been disappointing me with the last few issues and the new VMan wasn't too much fun. i-D is certainly not what it used to be and Harper's Bazaar is absolutely trash. :angry:

I think this Uma issue really reminds us that Anna is truly the queen of fashion. After having a quick flip through, I really felt excited for fashion! Anna's Vogue really has that quality a lot lately. This month, they did this great street style report from Miami, Austin, Budapest, Paris, etc. I was really impressed. That is certainly not Vogue's usual terf but it was executed very well.

Meanwhile, the November Bazaar with Meg Ryan is extremely flat and disappointing. I think it's only a matter of weeks before Glenda gets the axe. I think Hearst would be smart to just totally dump Bazaar altogether. It's just too out of date and no one is up for the job of modernizing it. And every issue since Liz Tilberis left has been a painful reminder of HB's past glory days. :cry:

15. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

I may just have to buy it, then. :eek:

16. Episternum

Episternum New Member

Am I the only person who can't stand Anna Wintour? Each issue of Vogue is like the ones before it: there's no innovation, the covers all look the same, and the editorials are uninspiring. Give me The Face and day.

17. LavenderPineappleCitrus

I picked up my issue two days ago. Like most I wasn't really loving the past 4/5 issues of US Vogue. But in my opinon this issue was great. Uma T looks beautiful. Also..the Bazaar issue..with Meg R..was bad. :angry: boring. :innocent: .and a waste of $5.00 :cry:.

18. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

well im ahppy the vogue is getting better, I still feel they are quite dull most of the time. I knwo what youa re saying about mags disapointing V and Bazzar have been totally dull latelky. Is till liek I_D alot even if its kidn of diffrent. But I feel in general mags have been so safe lately, i mean can we experiment at all? :blush:

19. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I dont like Anna Wintour, she wears fur and she is turning Vogue into Harpeer's Bazaar... Uma looks gorgeous!... It is one of my favorite covers, after the March 2002 I guess version with Gwyneth and the Louis Vuitton dress.. :heart:

20. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

What a hearty issue. :shock: I was quite surprised how good this issue was. Uma's feature was nice and refreshing. She seems like someone I would really get along with, even if I don't like the way she has talked about Ethan in the past. The style report was another favorite, but the feature that took the cake for me was the report on Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn. :heart: :heart: That was the first time I didn't want a story to end, or the editorial! :heart: She has great style and I'd kill for her town house.

As for Anna Wintour - she doesn't bother in the least. :ermm: Fur is just as bad as wearing leather so I'd be a hypocrite to boycott her just because of that. And, imo, buying Vogue only supports her and her vision.