US Vogue November 2012 : Rihanna by Annie Leibovitz

the hate towards her is baffling to me :lol: I like the editorial, Rihanna looks so powerful

Right. Its not like she's any different than Gaga, just minus most of the pretension. But I guess she will continue to be called a cheap, sl*tty, talentless bad role model who should never pose for a hf mag. :rolleyes:

The cover's cool and the first two shots of her ed are amazing.

Should have gotten Ellen Von Unwerth and just gone all out

The editorial is pretty amazing in my opinion, it's the cover I'm not feeling so much. The last issue was lame in terms of the contents, I'm now just waiting to see what else is inside before deciding if this is going to be another US Vogue issue I skip or not.

I don't get all the hate surrounding this issue, or Rihanna, at all. She's a free spirit, she has fun with fashion, she makes great music that you can laugh or cry or dance to and she's a pretty good actress. Is it because of Chris that so many people dislike her?

^"A pretty good actress"... Based on what? The blockbuster smash Battleship? :ninja:

sad, but true. I'm trying to find something beautiful in that cover, but I just can't. same with the editorial, which is just beyond ridiculous. epic fail....

You are so right! The cover scares me to tears. Seriously, if the review and content aren't good, I'll just skip buying this issue :yuk:
Posted via Mobile Device

^ She has another album out. She's a hard worker and immensely successful, so of course she deserves a cover. It's better than having some actress whose movies flop on the cover.

*Cough* Kate Hudson, Sienna Miller, SJP...

I love the cover:heart:

Please put models on the cover, at least 2 or 3 issues per year! Karlie , Joan Smalls or even Arizona ! I don't mind old school such as Linda , Christy, Giesle either ,just give me model covers!

To be honest I find two of the shots (3rd and 4th in the editorial) a bit vulgar. Not really the sort of images I would expect to see in US Vogue. I mean, overall it's a decent editorial, but not really to my taste. Though I will say, that hairstyle Rihanna is sporting looks lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE the cover. it's powerful, dynamic, impactful. i love the contrasting textures of the picture. the soft,brown grass couple with her bright red dress and dramatic makeup and harsh/fierce expression. it's all just really interesting to look at. this issue will sell like hotcakes. and it'll definitely STAND OUT on the newsstand.

the editorial itself is a bit bland and lacking in theme. not a big fan. but i am loving the cover.

Rihanna is one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. she's had as many number 1 hits as Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson. she's sold more digital songs/albums than ANY other artist in history. she's considered by her millions of fans to be a fashion icon. she's HUUUUGE. trust me, VOGUE is happy to have her on their cover. so all of you who are debating her merits or worthiness are hilarious.

I'm not a Rhianna's fan but I really like the cover. She looks intense and powerful on it. As for the editorial, I'm not too impressed with it but I'm also not shocked by any of the images. They suit Rhianna's image perfectly and if we look at some 70s and 80s US Vogue issues we will find images that we would never find in today's US Vogue. Nudity wasn't a problem back then but, of course, the photographers who did it, like Helmut Newton were a million times better than Annie Leibovtiz.

People are saying this is the worst cover of the year? Really...are we forgetting Lady Gaga? Or everyone's precious Marion Cotillard :lol:

I cant stand Rhianna, and for other Vogue cover standards this would be a flop, but as far as a US Vogue cover goes this is pretty great. It's edgy, and not just some boring studio shot or close up.

I would put it in the top 3 US Vogue covers for this year, to be honest.

This is one of Vogue's best issues of the year. The cover is striking and will pop on the newsstand. Rihanna also sells big among a variety of age groups, which is great for Vogue. The editorial is quite gorgeous and strong. Very 90's but at the same time very Annie Leibovitz.

It's absurd to debate whether or not Rihanna deserves the cover. She's one of the biggest stars on the planet and has worked her tail off for the past seven years. She has most certainly earned the cover and there should be no debate about it. It's extremely crass and tasteless to be saying that she doesn't deserve the cover simply because some of you dislike her.

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to realise that asking for models on the cover won't happen until there is a new editor in chief.
In the last ten years there has only been 14 out of 120 covers that feature models on the cover with hardly any variation.

July 2002 - Amber Valletta
October 2002 - Christy Turlington
April 2003 - Brooke Shields
September 2004 - Model Group
May 2005 - Liya Kebede
August 2006 - Linda Evangalista
May 2007 - Model Group
July 2007 - Natalia Vodianova
April 2008 - Gisele Bundchen
August 2008 - Kate Moss
May 2009 - Model Group
August 2009 - Christy Turlington
April 2010 - Gisele Bundchen
September 2011 - Kate Moss

Christy - 2, Kate - 2, Gisele - 2. If they are only getting two covers each in 10 years, don't expect current models to be gracing the covers regularly soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->