US Vogue November 2015 : Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz

Gorgeous! One of the few women I don't mind seeing on a cover.

Who would wear Saint Laurent to the beach? Seriously. What an awful styling choice, Vogue.

It's not as though it's a couture masterpiece, it's a very simple sweater, and people wear those all the time on the beach when it's overcast and chilly, as it appears to be in the photos.

The background on the cover looks so fake.

It's very pretty but very safe, not fashionable. It would be appropriate for Vanity Fair. If you're going to put a movie star on the cover, let's have her look like we've never seen her before.

The cover shot is a big no for me, her face looks weird:blink:
(If you wouldn't have told she was wearing a SLP sweater I would have thought it was Mango:lol:)
I like the vibe of the cover, very November-ish.
Is there a review?:flower::flower:

The cover looks fake and bland, so does the ed. But maybe it will sell because it is Angelina.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Angelina is a lovely women. I think she embodies what a ''vogue'' women is really about. She is of strength, she embodies a sense of rebellion, she has taste, she usually has important things to say, she is glamorous, and she in a sense can be looked at as a iconic women in many different senses. The cover is lovely. Annie did a good job with it and you really can't make Angelina look bad. I look forward to receiving it in the mail.

Who is going to tell Leibovitz that she should retire?

With the amount of debt she has (maybe, had at this point?), she'll probably never retire. :lol:

This cover would have been so much better if it had been shot by someone like Lindbergh. Who really excels at those cool but beachy editorials?

I like it, the ed looks great and Angelina is such an amazing person.

She seems to alternate between Vogue and Vanity Fair which I find very boring. I dont expect her to pop up everywhere but she could still remain selective and at least go with Interview or W to do something different. On top of that she seems to dictate what her shoots are gonna be because they all turn out quite boring. I haven't liked a pictorial from her in a long time.

She seems to alternate between Vogue and Vanity Fair which I find very boring. On top of that she seems to dictate what her shoots are gonna be because they all turn out quite boring. I haven't liked a pictorial from her in a long time.

Thank you! No different to Beyonce, tbqh. After all, there's a movie to sell, so lets go all out. Cate and Nicole gets way more covers than her but you very rarely see them drag the kiddies along. I suppose with her it's a matter of 'public interest, so it makes sense. Anyway, looking forward to the review.

It could have been worse ... Angelina looks great, but I don't like the lighting in the pictures, nor the photoshop fails :rolleyes:

Angelina looks like a beautiful, 40 year old woman, albeit one with access to the best facial/body care money can buy. Maybe we're all too used to seeing women and girls in their teens and 20s on the cover? On a quick glance she doesn't look THAT photoshopped, but yeah, I'll prob get shot down by other more eagle eyed and fussier fashionspotters.

I find it interesting how Angelina isn't letting herself be sexualised much anymore. Apparently she has a big say in what she wears etc in shoots, so she probably chose to wear that sweater that covers her up (out of a selection presented to her, I imagine).

The kids look cute. Love Shiloh's outfits, and the girl twin (can't be bothered googling for her name) looks adorable too. All the kids do (heh sorry Maddox, I know you're not really a kid anymore). :smile: Seems like Angelina's used the Vogue shoot as an opportunity to get cute family photos of her and her kids. I like that, although I hope her kids don't resent being put into the limelight. Not like they could ever escape it though, really.

i love angelina, really boring this magazine is though

dead

The styling is awful but the cover story is so lovely! Well, good to see Angie. I was afraid about Kendall in US Vogue cover in November.

The cover is blah, but the editorial is much better than the cover itself. Could be been shot by Lindbergh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"