US Vogue November 2015 : Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz

what is she promoting? anyway the cover is pretty horrible - although she looks great - and the editorial is terrible. nothing 'fashion' about it. they could just merge the mag with vanity fair and no one would notice at this point

^She's promoting "By The Sea", that she directed and stars with Brad.

glad it is NOT Kendall, Gigi oder Belllla Hadid:mrgreen:

Stunning. I like the simplicity of it. I do notice the photoshop work though. Hm... but I like the makeup. The ed is classic US Vogue, so I like it. It's one of their better ones for this year, but has nothing against last year's November. Nothing.

It's odd that the cover was released for well ahead, see there's still no review.

Is Annie now totally incapable of doing a photoshoot without butchering everything up and leaving nothing truly real?!
How do you terribly shoot, then terribly edit a Vogue shoot of one of the most beautiful easy subjects to be presented with. The only shot that seems truly in the right direction is the solo in the sea a la Charlize Theron Vogue Dec 2011.

Angie thrusting her kids into the shoot is abit of an issue in itself, but is now part and parcel of the version of herself she presents to the world. But The motorbike shot is a cool family portrait.

Hot Head
Photographer:
Theo Wenner
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Emily Ratajkowski
Make-Up: Virginia Young
Hair: Didier Malige

vogue.com

Ugh, Emily! And Theo Wenner's work looks like Angelo P.

^^ huh? is that supposed to be a celebrity spread or is she an actual "model" now?

Why is Vogue trying to make this girl happen? And isn't she supposed to be an "actress" now? Ugh just go away.

I'm guessing that's an Index feature and not an actual edit. And I don't understand TFS sometimes. Everyone always complains about actresses but the minute a model has any name recognition they turn on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ but is she a model turned actress or what? I honestly only know her for the infamous video and IG...

I'm guessing that's an Index feature and not an actual edit. And I don't understand TFS sometimes. Everyone always complains about actresses but the minute a model has any name recognition they turn on her.

I think it has more to do with the fact that she's absolutely uninteresting as both model and actress and is only somewhat famous for having her t*ts out in a cringeworthy music video.

But hey, Vogue also tried to make Kate Upton happen so I guess she fits right in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Review:

"Shore Leave," 10 pages
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson
Model: Karlie Kloss, Dylan Brosnan
Description: I thought this was a David Sims in the country/beach shoot at first. Karlie in a micro bob

"Graphic Design," 8 pages
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson
Model: Gigi Hadid
Description: Gigi looking more boring than Kendall. Such a shame, I actually like her. Everything styled like Miu Miu resort

"Rebel With a Cause"
(Cover story)

"Tragic Magic," 2 pages
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick
Subject: Keira Knightley

"The Second Act," 2 pages
Photographer: Eric Boman
Subject: wrapped up chicken leg on porcelain china. (the story is about leftovers - Thanksgiving!)

"Burn Notice," 2 pages
Photographer: Tim Walker
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick
Model: Edie Campbell
Description: typical all white Tim Walker shot, but Edie has chill peppers in her hair!

"Crimson Tide," 2 pages
Photographer: Angelo Penneta
Fashion Editor: Sara Moonves
Subject: Mia Wasikowska

"New Wave" 10 pages
Photographer: Gregory Harris
Fashion Editor: Sara Moonves
Subject: Kendall Jenner + Fashion Fund + some celebs (Jaden Smith, Nick Jonas, Gigi Hadid, Shamir, Tinashe, Nick Waterhouse,Jason Sudeikis)

"Hot Head," 6 pages
Photographer: Theo Wenner
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Emily Ratajkowski

^ Thank you for taking the time to do the review.

Whoa, what a sad sounding review, you know you are in damn trouble, when EVERYTHING reads like a big déjà vu!! And Angelina's cover story is called Rebel With a Cause? Seriously? SMH so hard at how unoriginal US Vogue is, that was the EXACT title on her first cover story in 2002, so 13 years later, and we still can't come up with original ideas, sigh!

Oh, for god's sake. Emily, Gigi and Kendall? :judge: Shame on you, Vogue US! SHAME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->