US Vogue November 2021 : Adele by Alasdair McLellan

What is she wearing on the cover? That is one ugly dress. Anyway, lovely to see her and I love the ed. Adele is just stunning, you can't go wrong with her.

I think it's Valentino Couture

I'm not sure if it's Meisel that makes be the UK cover 'better', I mean, I don't think anyone would win a 'contest' against Meisel. Not in principle and not on tFS.

But anyway, I actually like both for different reasons.
The US cover looks very fresh and regal, like a special edition almost. Alasdair really delivered. Also like the editorial. I think it's great that all the new photographers Vogue has been booking this year are keeping the visuals more aligned with the magazine than their identity.

Still don't get the idea to cover the same subject. It's obviously not a cost-cutting exercise because the expenses are still doubled, two entirely different teams. All it does is pit these two editions against one another in a 'who wore it best' sort of way. They must stop it, it's a terrible idea.

I wish the gown was slightly less… hideous. Also, is the cost-saving thing just that they could interview the same star? I’m confused as well that they have two different teams. I’ve never bothered to wonder if the cover subject gets paid. I’m assuming no because it’s publicity but do they?

I wish the gown was slightly less… hideous. Also, is the cost-saving thing just that they could interview the same star? I’m confused as well that they have two different teams. I’ve never bothered to wonder if the cover subject gets paid. I’m assuming no because it’s publicity but do they?

Celebs definitely don't get paid in the UK, but set/crew expenses and such are covered by the magazine. The celebs are the ones who stand the gain the most exposure from appearing on a cover.

Another reason why I loathe this idea is because I'm sure other top-name celebs say Germanotta or Beyonce, will now also want a double cover. It's bad enough for me that they'd get one, but both? It just gives too much coverage and ultimately, power to one name and that has never been good in any way.

I'm glad neither the cover nor captions make any mention about her 'new look', the bopo movement on Tik Tok would be in meltdown mode.

Someone can explain why shes on both vogue cover at the same time? Im kind of post here...

It's also great exposure for Adele in two of her strongest markets and yet another way for both Steven Meisel and Anna Wintour to not work together.

OMG ahahahahh sorry but it's ugly ! Is she wearing a green trash bag on the cover??? The whole shoot feels so freaking cheap too oh myyy...
The only good shot is the one with the cardigan but that's about it.
I meannnn no question about it lol British Vogue clearly wins this round lol.
Not just that Meisel shot the UK version but the styling is light years away from what US Vogue did.
Again stupid ''strategy'' (if we want to continue to call it this way, although no one here believes that Condé Nast has a real plan anyhow loool) to put these two Vogue edition against each other and using the same cover subject (on top of being lame) proves they like to lose money lol.

There is something about the colors, texture, and composition of this cover that screams classic, timeless Vogue. It doesn't even seem to be at Adele's service. She blends in naturally, not calling attention upon herself, but rather fitting in like a piece in a puzzle. Everything comes together organically. For someone who is stubbornly attached to her trademark aesthetics, Anna shows an unusual acknowledgement of pre-Wintour Vogue here. A memorable cover, one that Leibovitz would have loved to sign, but didn't.

Rumor has it this issue is only 128 pages

Rumor has it this issue is only 128 pages

Their old October through December issues are some of the thickest apart from September/March on my shelves. Looks like that's no longer the practice...
128 is barely a January pamphlet, that's so sad. Where did it go so terribly wrong?

Their old October through December issues are some of the thickest apart from September/March on my shelves. Looks like that's no longer the practice...
128 is barely a January pamphlet, that's so sad. Where did it go so terribly wrong?
Blame the pandemic

Maybe someone who already got their print copy of this issue can do a full review?

THE OTHER SIDE
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Models/Celeb: Adele
Excellent

UP ALL NIGHT
Photographer:
Rasharn Agyemang
Models: Nyarach Abouch Ayuel, Ash Foo, Precious Lee, Rebeca Longendyke, Sacha Quenby, Joan Smalls & Mao Xiaoxing
Excellent, but y'all have already seen in it the UK Vogue thread....

OLIVIER THE CONQUERER
Photographer:
Annie Liebowitz
Models/Celebs: Olivier Roustieng, Julia Stegner, Ajani Russell, Zazie Beetz
Eh, a photo of Olivier and a photo of the women. Not bad, not good.

BIENVENUE!
Photographer:
Nigel Shafran
Model: Anok Yai and some bellhops or something
It's Nigel so if your expectations aren't already low, they should be

COME TO THE CABARET
Photographer:
Autumn de Wilde
Celeb: Eddie Redmayne
no comment

INTO THE GROOVE
Photographer:
Ethan James Green
Model: Bella Hadid, CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalists
Mixed feelings about this, wish it was longer but that's a recurring theme with American Vogue these days...

Last edited:
Oh, there's a sizeable piece about Huma Abedin (an excerpt from her forthcoming book) with a really beautiful portrait of her by Annie Liebowitz, too.

THE OTHER SIDE
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Models/Celeb: Adele
Excellent

UP ALL NIGHT
Photographer:
Rasharn Agyemang
Models: Nyarach Abouch Ayuel, Ash Foo, Precious Lee, Rebeca Longendyke, Sacha Quenby, Joan Smalls & Mao Xiaoxing
Excellent, but y'all have already seen in it the UK Vogue thread....

OLIVIER THE CONQUERER
Photographer:
Annie Liebowitz
Models/Celebs: Olivier Roustieng, Julia Stegner, Ajani Russell, Zazie Beetz
Eh, a photo of Olivier and a photo of the women. Not bad, not good.

BIENVENUE!
Photographer:
Nigel Shafran
Model: Anok Yai and some bellhops or something
It's Nigel so if your expectations aren't already low, they should be

COME TO THE CABARET
Photographer:
Autumn de Wilde
Celeb: Eddie Redmayne
no comment

INTO THE GROOVE
Photographer:
Ethan James Green
Model: Bella Hadid, CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalists
Mixed feelings about this, wish it was longer but that's a recurring theme with American Vogue these days...

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->