US Vogue October 2010 : Carey Mulligan by Peter Lindbergh

That is NOT a flattering cover. Carey looks like a dwarf and her squinting makes me uncomfortable.

Although the black & white shot in the ed is lovely, I hope she is better on film than on pictures.

I quite like the cover, but US Vogue should stop doing excessive photoshop job on the cover!! Look at Carey's hand (especially the fingers)..

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks as bad as I thought she would. Just because Anna likes someone doesn't mean they are photogenic.

I predict this will be Vogue's lowest-selling issue of the year. No one in the US knows who Carey is.

There is something kind of harsh looking about her face on the cover, but I kind of like it? I dont' know why Anna insists on picking the absolute worst picture for the cover, though. Remember that awful Keira Knightley cover from a few years ago? I think it's the most interesting editorial a US Vogue cover girl has had in ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite lovely, if not stuning; you can't really tell Lindbergh style in the cover but it's a bit more evident in the story although not really on par with his other work.

I love it, she's a fresh face as Luxx said and I think the hair looks really good.

Oh Carey! I love her, finally someone new on the cover who is a great talent! I do agree that she's not the most photogenic but I love her unconventional looks and it brings something different to what would have been another generic cover.

I think the cover is pretty while the accompanying photos are devastatingly boring. Disappointing for Lindbergh's first Vogue US cover in I don't know how long.

My fears were justified after all. It's way too similar to Michelle Williams' cover in terms of colouring and styling.

I am in utter AWE! This is the first exciting Vogue US cover of the last few years.
It's not only because they used Carey but because the shoot is done taking from her simple beauty and style, which works amazingly with the couture. It makes it look fresh and current.
I am in love!

I just saw photos from "An Education", and Carey defnitely had dark hair in that movie.

What a really lovely cover! And it's so good to see someone new at US Vogue. I hope the editorial content will live up to expectations.

I'm really happy that Carey is on the cover, but this looks like Spring and not Autumn.

The preview shot in the red coat would have made a much better cover
I don't get it with US Vogue anymore :doh:

on a side note: JJ with the watermarks all over the picture, enough already! :angry:

What a really lovely cover! And it's so good to see someone new at US Vogue. I hope the editorial content will live up to expectations.

People keep saying this but practically every other US Vogue the past year has featured someone who's never been on Vogue before.

Not crazy about the cover but I must admit that it's better than I expected!

I think the cover and editorial with miss Mulligan is are gorgeous and charming. The clothes are stunning in my eyes. The only thing I don't like is her hat and hairstyle. Thanks so much for all the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"