US Vogue October 2010 : Carey Mulligan by Peter Lindbergh

I really like the cover. I have no problem with it looking like past ones - you can choose to make groundbreaking covers a signature of the magazine, or you can choose to create an instantly recognisable type of cover for your brand - so long as they are good ones.

And unlike some of the photoshopped plastic horrors, Carey Mulligan still looks pretty cute to me. I like that someone who isn't cookie-cutter pretty is on the cover, and Carey Mulligan at least has a significant movie coming up (Never Let Me Go) which makes her relevant. I'll love to see a model on the cover too, but I'd take any quirky beauty, model or actress.

I agree the cover doesn't look very Lindbergh though. Still, I like being able to see the detail of the Chanel couture dress on the cover.

she may be dull, but at least she's a good actor. i think it's unfortunate that 'famous' people have to sell their work AND themselves to the public. i'm glad she's on the cover.

i do think they could've gone with a better picture though.

Carey is not dull. She happens to be a really private person, but I think the girl is actually quite interesting. She's not in the public eye a lot, so I think people just assume she's dull because we don't know a lot about her. I like that she has an air of mystery about her.

If you think about it, do we know anything about her except that she's a great actress and is dating Shia LaBeouf? I read her interview with Interview magazine and I still know nothing. But I love her.

Do we even know that she's a great actress? I mean sure, she was good in An Education but what else has she done that's notable. I have a feeling she's going to be a one-hit-wonder as an actress.

Carey is not dull. She happens to be a really private person, but I think the girl is actually quite interesting. She's not in the public eye a lot, so I think people just assume she's dull because we don't know a lot about her. I like that she has an air of mystery about her.

If you think about it, do we know anything about her except that she's a great actress and is dating Shia LaBeouf? I read her interview with Interview magazine and I still know nothing. But I love her.
It's not an issue of her being private or not. There are plenty of interesting, captivating, charming actors/celebrities that divulge very little when it comes to their personal lives. It's just I literally cannot bear the sight of Carey Mulligan. I'm sure she's sweet as pie, but as far as being in the public eye, on red carpets, in magazines, etc. she has no spark, no twinkle, no excitement about her. Like I said, she always looks dull and sad (sad, in a very melancholy sort of way).

It's refreshing to see a new face, that much I can say. Love the cover styling.

Love the dress she's wearing and the cover is refreshing.

That chanel couture looks horrible on the cover, looks really tacky.

I like the other pictures tho.

Hate that stupid hat in her editorial, but I actually like the cover. I think it's the nicest I've seen her photograph. Good styling on the cover also.

The Talented Miss Mulligan
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Hair: Didier Malige
Makeup: Stéphane Marais
Production design:Tom Bewermeier

vogue.com

it's difficult to be objective with this cover when you dislike the model so much. i just feel like wiping that smirk off her face.

If Anna was going to go with a barely known up-and-coming actress Jennifer Lawrence might have been a better choice. At least Jennifer is photogenic.

I actually like the cover and the black and white picture of her is stunning. Not of a big fan of the rest of her editorial.

Do we even know that she's a great actress? I mean sure, she was good in An Education but what else has she done that's notable. I have a feeling she's going to be a one-hit-wonder as an actress.

Not at all! Just look at her recent film work (she has done acclaimed stuff before this). She's more talented and interesting than most people who get on the cover. Who wants to read about Barbies Jessica Biel and Blake Lively?

2009:
The Greatest
with Susan Sarandon
An Education (won many awards)
Brothers with Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal
Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Marion Cottilard
Wall Street 2 with Michael Douglas and Shia Lebouf
Never Let Me Go with Keira Knightley (very positive reviews)
+ lots of great things coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
^thank you!

She's so versatile also, and very low-key which we don't get with a lot of people nowadays. She's not very high on publicity, the reason she is on Vogue isn't because her team is working their ***es off, it's because Anna has been on her *** ever since An Education came out.

I love that she's not attention hungry and instead just focusing on her career, such a refreshing change.

and to the person who mentioned Jennifer Lawrence, I would love to see her on a cover, word has it she's a shoe-in for the leading actress category.

halo, October is Comming, not April... well, I hate this springy style for October

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->