US Vogue October 2010 : Carey Mulligan by Peter Lindbergh

These pictures are much better than the initial pictures - at first I thought that Lindbergh got the B&W money shot and then went off to get drunk leaving the manicurist to finish the shoot. But still why did they use that hat so much(?), once or twice is OK but that is overkill. For the most part the frocks are being showcased well, the blue flowered dress is shapeless and the bow-tied pink belt on the red jacket looks off, nevertheless if I were a designer I would be happy with the way that my clothes were showcased.

ETA:
This is a good contrast to Halle's ed last month. US Vogue is not without fault but I like that you can see these differences month to month, if this were VI it would be another 20 page edgy, sepia-toned extravaganza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking generally, from the comments I've noticed across the forum about certain covers looking very spring-like - the sun still comes out at this time of year, flowers are still in full bloom, and there's no rule saying the colour pink has to be put away once the calendar hits September 1.

I love autumn more than any other season, but even I don't necessarily want to see a riot of orange or a re-enactment of Hallowe'en on every October cover. And I can see the sense in selling readers an extension of a sunny, light feeling, the optimism of good times, good weather. A lot of people don't want to be reminded that the colder, darker days are on their way, so magazines are doing the job of offering the escapism of a world where the sun continues to shine and people still have the money to buy all this stuff.

Or being fancy about it - this insistence on a feeling of "spring" is weather being used as an economic metaphor in a wishful thinking, let's-pretend-we-can-still-spend way, even though the rainy days of saving legend have definitely arrived - just not on the cover of Vogue.

She looks better than that in real life....
and she seems to be very uncomfortable in the shot.

I dislike the excessive praise and buzz surrounding Carey, but she is charming enough and is at least another new face on Vogue. But after watching the behind the scenes video on style.com I wish they hadn't brought couture down to earth. I don't think it's asking too much to have one full-fledged fantasy editorial a year.

i actually like her ed,and the cover is nice too,the colors are a bit tacky,but i think this is going to be a nice issue!

all the shots where she isnt facing the camera look amazing
the ones where she is it looks as if she said "hold on" but they still shot it
I hate the feathered hair on the cover

I think the black & white picture from the editorial is beautiful. One of the best pictures I've seen of her.

I think Carey looks fine, but eh. We'll see how I feel once I have the magazine in my hands.

If Anna was going to go with a barely known up-and-coming actress Jennifer Lawrence might have been a better choice. At least Jennifer is photogenic.

She's not barely known at all. She's one of the most promising actresses of this generation, with an Oscar nomination under her belt already, and a good possibility of another Oscar nod this year.

WHAT is up with that stupid hat.

On seeing the full editorial I find myself inclined to like it in spite of that Stupid Hat (SH) & the Smirk While I'm Constipated (SWIC) facial expressions. The hair on the cover is an Unmentionable but the dress! J'adore. I'm loving that Chanel couture collection the more I see it in print.

Hip hip for a new face & all that.

After a second look, Carey's ed looks awful.
She looks like a kid playing dress-up in her mother's closet.
The clothes look ill-fitting ( specially the shot with the pink gloves :huh:)
And one black hat doesn't equal whimsy.
However, the dress with the blue skirt and yellow bow is :heart: AmAZinG!

Typcial boring US Vogue cover, but strangely there's something I like here.

what a horrible cover! this is easily the worst cover of the year, so far...

OMG !!! WHAT THE HELL??? The cover is CRAZY BAD and the main edit OMGGGGGG does Anna need help or something at the point?

This explains much !!! :D

From The Daily Show with Jon Stewart...

" Tim Gunn continued his media book tour for "Gunn's Golden Rules" talking to Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show" about Anna Wintour. Gunn mentioned the now-infamous stair anecdote, but insisted he wasn't going after her character. Although he then added, "Conde Nast, 4 Times Square, would be well-served by having lots of straitjackets around." He explained that individuals like Wintour are "surrounded by great enablers," adding, "when you live in the monkey house, you don't realize it stinks." "

from huffingtonpost.com

see the video :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/tim-gunn-conde-nast-would_n_708641.html

Carey Mulligan is best new film star!
Blake Lively is worst actress,small tv sar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->