US Vogue October 2011 : Michelle Williams by Annie Leibovitz

she has no personality o how will she play one of most crazy people in the world??

I believe that's why they call it acting.

The cover actually reminds me of the 80s Vanity Fair ones. It has that sort of a feeling.

what's up with all the michelle hate??!

surprising cover, is she in costume or is she actually wearing high fashion?

I agree it's a bit gimmicky and I felt "Wow" this is new for US Vogue, but not that much when you think about it: their did Marie-Antoinette's re-interpretation with Kristen Dunst a few years ago too. So I'm not sure I like it but it's not anwful, it's just not sleek enough for me, did Testino shot this once again? (that would "only" be his 4th back-to-back cover shoot for US Vogue... so annoyed by that with so many talented other photographers!)

oh,they're doing this all the time,really!Madonna as Evita,Nicole Kidman as Satine,Kristen Dunst as Marie Antoinette(like you mentioned),they also did Kidman as her character in Australia.Oh,and wasn't Witherspoon's last cover inspired from her character in"Water for Elephants"?

oh,they're doing this all the time,really!Madonna as Evita,Nicole Kidman as Satine,Kristen Dunst as Marie Antoinette(like you mentioned),they also did Kidman as her character in Australia.Oh,and wasn't Witherspoon's last cover inspired from her character in"Water for Elephants"?

True, but however in most cases (even with Sarah Jessica Parker now that I think about it too héhé) they sort of re-create a character which has already been interpreted by the woman on the cover from a previous/upcoming film and that makes sense to me or even when Vogue transforms the actress from something completely different or just as her bare self.

Here it's more of an icon being re-done by an actress hence the gimmick-feel I have felt when I saw the cover.

Now you're right, Michelle Williams will be indeed re-interpret a role in the upcoming film My Week With Marilyn, which also stars Emma Watson, so they're once again playing with a role and putting it back on their cover but I'm missing the sleek approach the covers usually have in great couture/high fashion garments with glamorous poses ^_^

Not interested in Michelle Williams, but posing as Marilyn Monroe adds some appeal.

I like it. I love the colors, the hair and the Marilyn Monroe feel to it. What I don`t like is her pose. It`s just so awkward and my gosh her expression. Too much cleavage as well. But over all it`s nice.

It may not be as a stellar as the previous covers but it`s decent

Exactly! Couldn't agree more. What on earth does having a 'lack of personality' have to do with playing a character well? She's an actress and a pretty darn good one at that. The two have no correlation.

It's not my favourite of Vogue's 'in character' covers as it were, although I enjoy the idea. I'm hoping her editorial contains some much stronger shots of her as Marilyn.

The cover actually reminds me of the 80s Vanity Fair ones. It has that sort of a feeling.

I know but shes just not right...all the promotional photos, this cover eveything...she looks lifelesswith no fire, no sparkle...

With all due respect to the Vogue staff and Michelle Wiliiams, as well as Ms. Marilyn Monroe, this cover looks like a 1950's playboy cover that you see as wallpapers in cigarette stores - utterly cheap and COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!!! :( Disappointing after such a magnificent cover last month!!!

I think it is a beautiful cover not perfect though. I can't wait to see more pictures of her in it.

the cover isn't bad...but it isn't amazing either. bring on the content!!!! :D

ewww?!! i need to wash my eyes with soap after looking at this. another hathaway or whatever starlet would've been fine. but this,.... *barfs*

There you go Anna- i love the cover that much Michelle is my new avatar. I say Bravo to Vogue for releasing this cover. I quite enjoy seeing covers with actors in character, its quite effective especially from a publicity and marketing standpoint. Michelle is at her best in this cover, i dont know what the rest of you are looking at.

The cover isn't bad but it isn't impressive in any way. There's no way Michelle Williams looks like Marilyn Monroe and she looks a bit bland imho. Let us hope for great content.

marilyn's probably rolling on her grave now that this mess is released. ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->