US Vogue October 2011 : Michelle Williams by Annie Leibovitz

Michelle is at her best in this cover, i dont know what the rest of you are looking at.

I certainly know what I'm looking at and I'm not liking what I see. This is why I rarely ever buy US Vogue, despite the cover being a mess, I have a funny feeling the editorial is going to be good.

Absolutely don't like the cover, especially after what we had in previous month.
Maybe I'm bland but I can't see her as Marilyn Monroe. It may sound ridiculous but she looks like the eic of Russian Vogue Victoria Davydova :lol:

Still talking about moving on :innocent: Oh, please.

I don't like the cover either. She's cute but boring.

Love Michelle. Hate this cover. Loved her October 2009 cover - this one stinks.

It's a beautiful cover but in comparison with other celebrity editorials/covers made out to look like Marilyn it's very weak.

Much better than her last cover though.

I can't wait to find out who the most powerful woman online is.

don't hate the cover, but not good either. love michelle, they could have done much more with this!

I don't mind it; I quite like that they went for something character based. Although it could be better given that it's Marilyn themed.

If an actress is blonde she just gives it a try to be Marilyn Monroe :ermm: But I'm just so sick of it and don't want to see it even on the cover of US Vogue.

I don't know how she got the role as Marilyn either but I actually really like the cover. It's very glamorous and she actually looks good. It's way better than her cover from a few years ago. I also like the colors and the dress that Michelle is wearing.

I personally like the cover. I was surprised to see that they had shot Michelle as Marilyn because that so not something Vogue does. So I like the risk factor of the cover. The colors seem a little 80's perhaps but still over all I like the cover. And seeing it makes me even more excited for My Week With Marilyn!

I don't hate it but it doesn't live up to last month's stellas issue. I don't mind Michelle getting the cover, she's incredibly talented and well-spoken but it lacks spark. That aside, I think it's actually quite nice. The dress and the way her body looks? Major yes.

The cover image is kinda striking itself, either in a good or bad way.
But Jesus! Those texts on the cover!:sick::yuk: So annoying.

I'm still undecided with this one. Although the "in character" idea that they used for the cover is something quite nice, which isn't new anyway, I still couldn't bring myself to decide if this is a job well done or not. Will wait for an HQ photo of this one.

But I do think that Michelle kind of pulled off the Marilyn Monroe persona in my own opinion.

I do hope that the editorials won't disappoint. :smile:

It's a beautiful cover but in comparison with other celebrity editorials/covers made out to look like Marilyn it's very weak.

Much better than her last cover though.

I can't wait to find out who the most powerful woman online is.

Surely it's that Huffington woman. Even Vogue wouldn't dare to name some fashion blogger or Natalie at net a porter the most powerful woman online.

Also, I see Ryan Gosling's name on the cover. Pity the feature will probably only have one picture and maybe one page of text. I don't get the idea that women who read Vogue are only interested in reading long articles about women (and conversely, men who read Esquire/GQ only want in depth features on men). Hopefully, it's an article plus an editorial featuring Ryan with a model. Daria seems to be Anna's fave choice to work along side actors; Daria and Ryan in the same photo would be HOT.

I actually like the cover. Marilyn as an image is so enduring. If you're going to reference an actress' film project, this is how you do it (not like that terrible Renee Z cover with her in a sweater and with a rabbit sitting next to her, in order to reference Beatrix Potter).

Just be happy its not another Gwyneth Paltrow cover, especially portraying her Disease ridden, mentally ill, scary character from 'Contagion'. That would look worse than Michelle as Marilyn.

The cover was photographed by Annie Leibovitz and styled by Tonne Goodman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->