US Vogue October 2014 : Reese Witherspoon by Mikael Jansson

^ I think its a shame, also they changed art direction of many pages, and i have to say it all looks a bit messy to me, now!

Yes, I noticed that in the September issue. I'm still not used to it (I don't think I will). To be honest apart from Interview I don't think the other big magazines have particularly good art direction, design, fonts etc. which is shameful for magazines like Vogue US or UK.

Gross another Testino location shoot. Does no one else at Vogue have a passport??

"The Fall Classic," 12 pages
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson
Model: Natalia Vodianova
Description: field, barn, parkas, fur, etc.

"Performance Pieces," 12 pages
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Model: Vanessa Axente, Michiel Huisman of Game of Thrones
Description: colorful, mixed textures in Antwerp

"Young Guns," 6 pages
Photographer: Jamie Hawkesworth
Subjects + Models: Jonathan Anderson, Peter Pilotto, Christopher De Vos, Danielle Sherman, Marco de Vincenzo, Joseph Altuzarra, Simone Rocha, Anthony Vaccarello, Malaika Firth, Imaan Hammam, Anna Ewers, Lexi Boling, Fei Fei Sun, and Rianne van Rompaey.

"Blanc Slate," 8 pages
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Sasha P
Description: white bags in studio

my crap snaps with review by kikifoz

^ Thank you for taking the time to snap previews for us, they are fine. And i have to say i like all the eds.

Already completely in love with Hawkesworth's ed. So good and fresh.
Tired of the Trentini/Sasha/Karlie rotation though.

It all looks good though.

these previews look really promising. finally some new talent!

T-rex, thanks again for the previews. Could you please confirm which brand Reese is wearing on the cover? TIA!:flower:

@T-rex: Where's the bunny rabbit? We all know everyone's buying the issue for that and not the cop-loving drunk on the cover. "Don't you know who I am??" shoulda been the name of her editorial.

Amal Alamuddin with Oscar de la Renta (right) and head tailor Raffaele Ilardo, in the designer’s New York studio. Oscar de la Renta ivory beaded-tulle dress with Chantilly-lace appliqué. Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, Vogue, October 2014.
vogue.com full article here

Attachments

• vogue us october 2014 amal alamuddin by mario testino.jpg
    vogue us october 2014 amal alamuddin by mario testino.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 41
The eds look pretty good in this issue...even Testino's look pretty lovely. So great to see Hawkesworth working for US Vogue too, and with Camilla as well!

This issue looks so good! I'm in love with 'Young Guns', glad to see a new photographer in Vogue; the ed feels like a breath of fresh air! Also, love Leibovitz's ed with Natalia, really gets me in the wintery mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks t-rex for the preview.

why month after month the same old drivel?

these are photogs and editors who defined an era. and now with all the world's eyes watching (thanks to the advent of internet and it's boundless resources), we're still handed the same old lackluster, been there, done that, regurgitated cr@p? all this makes me cringe. #letdown

i appreciate new blood but this editorial looks the same! i look at US VOGUE and most of the time I'm left feeling drained and completely uninspired.

yay models wearing clothes standing around like they're catching a bus!
Tonne pick one design element and run with it. i'm really saddened to say this but her editorial train wrecks are the worst of the lot every month.

VOGUE team get this: idyllic, outdoor, panoramic views does not a memorable editorial make. Natalia's ed is a waste of space. None of the elements in those photos are pushed to make the imagery come to life.

Don't get me wrong, i love Annie's style and impressive body of work but seeing her do nothing editorials in US VOGUE every month, does not even do her talent justice or live up to her reputation.

where does that magical orchestration of model, wardrobe, setting with clever interactions of photo, type/ layout come into play? Or that sense of excitement, energy and emotion. The kinda imagery that at in 20 years time I'd still get that buzz, and as with all great works of art, became even more meaningful, special and evocative of that time period?

Bridget shot by Steven Klein. Styled by Nickerson. Full ed

kelles scans

Calvin shot by Annie Leibovitz: Full Ed.

justaguy scans

Maybe they'll do something different and do couture in their November issue? Otherwise I don't understand why they wouldn't do couture - I imagine that's one of the most appealing things to people when they look at the fashion industry, especially younger women. Doesn't everyone love looking at glitzy, plush gowns? I'd think an issue would sell better with a dreamy couture ed.

Annie Leibovitz recently shot Maggie Rizer for US Vogue so maybe that's something couture related...

"Performance Pieces," 12 pages
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Model: Vanessa Axente, Michiel Huisman of Game of Thrones
Description: colorful, mixed textures in Antwerp

fashionscansremastered.net

"Blanc Slate," 8 pages
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Sasha P
Description: white bags in studio

Michiel Huisman :heart: Vanessa looks like Gisele and Raquel in that ed!
Love the styling in Patrick Demalcheliers ed. Yey for Sasha again! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->