US Vogue September 1977 : Patti Hansen by Patrick Demarchelier

The New York Collections | We Like Their Style
Photo Olivier Toscani
Models Kathy Quirk, Kirsti Toscani, Lena Kansbod, Sara Kapp, Vibeke Knudsen, Jerry Hall, Iman, Chris Royer, Pat Cleveland, Alva Chin, Beverly Johnson, Sunny Redmond, Yasmine Sokal, Rob Yoh, Patti Hansen, Yvonne Sporre

vogue

Last edited:
Beauty & Health | Fall Beauty News: Better-Than-Ever Caring For Skin
Photo Irving Penn
Model Janice Dickinson

vogue

Last edited:
The New York Collections | The Odds-On Favorites
Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Yasmine Sokal, Kirsti Toscani, Vibeke Knudsen, Peggy Dillard, LIsa Cooper, Christie Brinkley
Hair Christiaan
Makeup Ariella

vogue

Last edited:
The New York Collections | Night Changes
Photo Chris Von Wangenheim
Models Lena Kansbod, Rob Yoh, Christie Brinkley, Jerry Hall, Iman
Hair Marc Pipino
Makeup Way Bandy

vogue

Last edited:
We Like Their Style is so dorky and insanely charming! The conga line across the street is adorable. I can feel and smell the naivety of the 70s with this editorial. You know, there are models that are very much of their time— and than there’s Beverly, who is such a timeless beauty. (Hedi must be combing through stacks and stacks of these Vogues wholesale for his Celine.)

Thanks so much for sharing, justaguy!

We Like Their Style is so dorky and insanely charming! The conga line across the street is adorable. I can feel and smell the naivety of the 70s with this editorial. You know, there are models that are very much of their time— and than there’s Beverly, who is such a timeless beauty. (Hedi must be combing through stacks and stacks of these Vogues wholesale for his Celine.)

Thanks so much for sharing, justaguy!
So glad you like it, Phuel! Vogue did several of these types of editorials. Have to admit, their not my favorite, but the amount of models they used for these shoots was insane!

^^^ The productions back then were dramatic, ambitious and extravagant with the phalanx of models to create such an undeniable mood!

I missed Night Changes on my initial perusal, and it’s the best of this bounty: So gorgeous. So cinematic— like a Tony Scott film starring Jerry and Iman. Wished there were more than just 2 spreads. But you know, it’s the brand of luxury and decadent worldbuilding that Mario, Carine and Tom evolved from so well in the best of their own work.

My first memory of looking at Vogue was probably when I was 5 or 6 in the mid-80s, at my dad’s office and it was like the kid from The Neverending Story opening that magical book, and discovering a whole other world of imagination. Looking at these scans takes me back to that moment of fascination and discovery. These are invaluable n their education!

(BTW, could the “unknown” model on your list for We Like Their Style be Bethan Hardison? She’s the one in the middle wearing cream and red of the Steven Burrows spread…)

^^^ The productions back then were dramatic, ambitious and extravagant with the phalanx of models to create such an undeniable mood!

I missed Night Changes on my initial perusal, and it’s the best of this bounty: So gorgeous. So cinematic— like a Tony Scott film starring Jerry and Iman. Wished there were more than just 2 spreads. But you know, it’s the brand of luxury and decadent worldbuilding that Mario, Carine and Tom evolved from so well in the best of their own work.

My first memory of looking at Vogue was probably when I was 5 or 6 in the mid-80s, at my dad’s office and it was like the kid from The Neverending Story opening that magical book, and discovering a whole other world of imagination. Looking at these scans takes me back to that moment of fascination and discovery. These are invaluable n their education!

(BTW, could the “unknown” model on your list for We Like Their Style be Bethan Hardison? She’s the one in the middle wearing cream and red of the Steven Burrows spread…)
Great eye! I think you're right. At closer inspection, it sure does look like Bethann!!

People Are Talking About...
Photo Toni Benetti
Subjects Candice Bergen, Giancarlo Giannini

vogue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back