US Vogue September 2003 : Nicole Kidman by Annie Leibovitz

Reaction score
USVogue0903_nkidman_B.jpg

KIDMAN'S STAR STYLE
NICOLE KIDMAN has been crowned queen of the red carpet in the September issue of US Vogue. The 36-year-old actress, who was recently rumoured to have fallen for Lenny Kravitz, posed for the likes of Annie Leibovitz, Helmut Newton, Irving Penn and Craig McDean for a 20-page spread in which she wears everything from Versace Couture to skimpy Agent Provocateur. Kidman is, says Vogue, "the most instructive role model" and "an icon of glamour and a certain fabulous appropriateness" when it comes to occasion dressing. "She's developed a character for the red carpet," says Tom Ford. "A public persona that is very groomed, very sleek, very controlled, very smooth, very much the star, very gracious, very elegant, very thoroughbred."

She's beautiful but I'd like to see her take some photos that are a little different.

Maybe some...........S&M?? hehe :lol: :wink:

But seriously it would be very cool if she did something different. She's always looking so old school hollywood star-ish..something a little racier or different would be cool :woot:

it suits her and us vogue perfectly,
whether i like it is a different story.

thanks fopr sharing this chick :wink:

I just received it today. :heart: It's a big issue, albeit mostly ads, but it contains interesting stories and semi-good editorials. The Irving Penn pictures of Nicole are flawlesss.

Thanks for sharing, ChickonSpeed. :flower:

Perrrfect! I love Nicole, she looks amazing, the front-cover summed up everything about her in the issue, she is the Fashion's Brightest Star. :wink:

I wouldn't be really surprised if it contained good stories and good editorials, this is their issue against W Kate. :wink: (Friendly Competition) :wink:

OK, i agree that Nicole is very beautiful & has a flawless body. BUT...sorry, she's just too
Ice Queen-like for my taste. i prefer a warmer, more exotic or edgy kind of beauty. As far as
her fashion sense goes, it feels a bit predictable & too calculated to me. No doubt, elegant & classy, but still chilly.
and the Sep. Vogue cover pales in comparison with kate on of W or even Natalia on UK vogue.
gorgeous dress, stunning actress, but something is missing B)
I realy liked Full Exposure about Helmut Newton :heart: nice VogueView with Working It! on women from the industry. Hugh Jackman looked strange in leoprad shirt (Wizard of Oz story) :huh:
Fave edit: Before Night Falls by Mario Testino with C Murphy, Liya & Eugeniya Volodina. but again, where are all the other interesting, gorgeous models?
Very tame issue, IMO.

Originally posted by LLaura@Aug 21st, 2003 - 2:47 pm
She's beautiful but I'd like to see her take some photos that are a little different.

Maybe some...........S&M?? hehe :lol: :wink:

But seriously it would be very cool if she did something different. She's always looking so old school hollywood star-ish..something a little racier or different would be cool :woot:
whats S&M? sorry im dumb

So they chose Nicole for the cover... pretty typical I suppose but go the Aussies :smile: Nice cover, nice actresss, nice clothesplaying it safe as usual *sigh*. I'll still buy this issue though! But I guess it is US Vogue and we shouldn't expect too much - the cover isn't really all that stunning though. hmph! Thanks for posting that!

And while we're at it, here are some other Vogue covers she's been on (US:(
December 2000
vog_us_12_2000.JPG

June 1999
vog_us_06_1999.JPG

April 2002 (UK Vogue)
vog_uk_04_2002.JPG

Plus an Australian Vogue which was a rip from Vanity Fair.

Yikes... they're so big... sorry! How can I make them smaller?

Originally posted by Cicciolina@Aug 22nd, 2003 - 3:32 am

Yikes... they're so big... sorry! How can I make them smaller?
try changing the image size under Image menu (if you're using photoshop or similar)
good luck :smile:

Ahh, yes, another Big Fall Fashion Issue with...um, a celebrity on the cover...why are we surprised???

I don't know about any of you, but I am tiring of it.

What's next, celebrities on the runway? :rolleyes:

I got my issue yesterday, and while I'm not a fan of celebrities on the cover of vogue, nicole is always an exception. I like the fact that she is icy and has such a distinctive un-hollywood type of look. I love the new-wave photos... the photo timeline was well done, imo. whether or not I like all of her fashion choices, she has impeccable "balance" in her dressing...everything always matches the occasion, her hair and accessories are always minimal and balanced with the dress, etc.

may I quickly ask what is wrong with hugh jackman and what is he doing in vogue?? those norman jean roy photos just scared me...he's so greasy. :yuk:

Pictures from the editorial shot by photographers: Irving Penn, Helmut Newton, Craig McDean, and Annie Leibovitz.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE the Irving Penn photos esp. the first one and all the pics of her with the faux-hawk, especially the prada one as i have a special place in my heart for this season's prada.

the very first irving penn photo reminds me of nicole back in her early far and away days. she's so pretty. :flower:

the craig mcdean photos are my favourites, though. B)

Originally posted by Serena@Aug 22nd, 2003 - 12:28 am
the Sep. Vogue cover pales in comparison with kate on of W or even Natalia on UK vogue.
gorgeous dress, stunning actress, but something is missing
Still beats the heck out of Madge's Bazaar cover......that was :sick:

~~Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"