US Vogue September 2004 by Steven Meisel

I LOVE the cover but why is Karen Elson on it? I like her a lot but she looks awkard with all those It models..

*edited* Or maybe I'm just being mean because I'm not a fan.

Gemma, Daria, and Natalia look the best. Liya and Gisele look nice, too.

I think I prefer this kind of cover over a typical Annie Liebovitz Vanity Fair cover. Vogue has done that before and this is much fresher, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Aug 16 2004, 03:26 PM
This vover is great! :woot:

So who do we see? I see Gisele, Karolina, Liya, Gemma, Karen, Isabeli, who else? Well at least we know that this cover wasn't cheap :wink:
[snapback]334564[/snapback]​

for once and for all...

each model is paid $150/day for any editorial work...so the grand total of the model fees is $150 x 9... not exactly gonna bankrupt vogue...

this had nothing to do with how much it cost...but more to do with how much it would sell...
i'm gonna go look at it in person and see if i like it any better...cause it's really not doing it for me... :blink:

I'm glad they included Isabeli, Natalia, and my fav Hana (although she looks like she's going to fall asleep). Gisele looks the most beautiful, followed by Natalia and Liya. Karen shouldn't be on here, although she is quite famous. I'm just dissapointed that Hana's Vogue appearance (she hasn't done the cover before has she?) was so blah. I think Vogue is trying to pack as many models on the cover so they don't have to use any for the next year or so.

I think it's kind of a strange cover as well.
I am happy that there isn't an actress/pop star on the cover for once though. They should have put one of each of these models on the cover for the next 9 months and skip the whole celebrity circus thing for once. Isn't Vogue supposed to be the trend setter?

Originally posted by purechris@Aug 16 2004, 05:58 PM
I think it's kind of a strange cover as well.
I am happy that there isn't an actress/pop star on the cover for once though. They should have put one of each of these models on the cover for the next 9 months and skip the whole celebrity circus thing for once. Isn't Vogue supposed to be the trend setter?
[snapback]334727[/snapback]​

That's a great idea purechris! :woot: :flower:
Personally, I don't think Vogue is a trendsetter. Anna Wintour seems to more concerned with supporting her favorites nowadays. Every issue seems to have the same handfull of designers, as if they are the only ones who do work worthy of Vogue. :ninja: :innocent:

The entertainment show extra just did a segment on the supermodels on the cover. Saying that the reason that you only know Gisele and Karolina is becasue the other models dont want the attention. There are probably going to be interviews with each model in the mag. They did mention that Daria is an artist and is active in charity work. And that karolina loves taking pictures.

Karolina looks kind of smutty :ermm: Gemma looks goregous and really holds her own to the mega stars. The whole cover looks like of awkward but it's not too bad. They just had sooo much to work with!

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 16 2004, 07:42 PM
I want to see Carmen on the cover :blush:
[snapback]334774[/snapback]​

I think Carmen has fallen out of favor with a lot of people. And her recent election loss is so pathetic and embarrassing. I'm pretty tired of her look, myself.

Thanks! I love seeing all the top models together... wonder if there were any catfights?

Originally posted by FashionVixen@Aug 16 2004, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I love seeing all the top models together... wonder if there were any catfights?
[snapback]334780[/snapback]​

I read a rumor somewhere that Gisele and Natalia originally refused to share the cover. But perhaps that was just planted by Conde Nast to drum up some press.

Anyone else think Karolina looks very Niki Taylor-esque in that picture? :unsure:

i still can't believe they didn't put Julia and Elise.... :angry:

I like the picture, but it does seem a bit... odd... as a cover.

The rest of the other poor girls are part of a fold-out I assume? :lol:

I don't really like it - they all look strange.

It's a big step for Gemma though :heart:

- Where is MariaCarla? :rolleyes:

hana looks great but i would have preferred to see elise on the cover instead of karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->