US Vogue September 2004 by Steven Meisel

Does anyone know when it's coming out? I think I read somewhere the 19th. My mom won't take me to the bookstore till the weekend though, ugh! :yuk:

It comes out on the 24th.

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the girls they chose. Except perhaps Eugenia would've been a better choice over Hana. But Elise, Julia, Carmen, Mariacarla... I don't know. Those girls aren't on the same level as the ones on this cover.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 16 2004, 01:16 PM
am i the only one who thinks that cover is wierd and stupid?...

thx for posting kim... :flower:
[snapback]334419[/snapback]​

I'm with you soft... though a bit of a good departure from the bland fare of celebs and poor photography...

Meh. I'm not a fan of this cover-- all the models are squished together, as though the Voguies were so desperate to prove that they still loved models that they packed every "It" girl they could into it. Most of the girls look beautiful, but they're packed like sardines into a VERY tight can. :doh:

Vogue can do so much better than this. Vogue HAS done so much better than this. And international Vogues are still doing better. Look at this gorgeous Vogue Espana cover, for example. :heart: :heart: :heart:

It's plain and simple...the perfect September cover I think...I think a cover with too much going on takes away from the magazine... :flower:

I agree that the models seem packed in. I would like the cover alot better if it was more of a scene (like someone mentioned the Vanity Fair covers), as opposed to "here are your models...all of them"

Thanks for posting.

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Aug 16 2004, 06:42 PM
I want to see Carmen on the cover :blush:
[snapback]334774[/snapback]​

hasn't carmen had ENOUGH covers?

Originally posted by sashatheelf@Aug 17 2004, 03:36 AM
now its our chance to change things, everyone buy this vogue!
[snapback]335205[/snapback]​

I agree!!! Maybe if this issue sells really well, VOGUE US will continue to put models on the cover :flower:

Originally posted by fullfrontal@Aug 17 2004, 08:55 AM
"here are your models...all of them"

[snapback]335404[/snapback]​

hahahaha :lol: Exactly. Great, there are models on the cover. But I'm not blown away or anything. These girls have been on covers upon covers, I would much rather see a new-er face. Maybe I'm asking too much. Thanks Vogue for the models. :P

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 17 2004, 07:49 AM
I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the girls they chose. Except perhaps Eugenia would've been a better choice over Hana.
[snapback]335345[/snapback]​

I completely agree...Eugenia has had a major campaign every season and has been in Vogue much more than Hana. At least she's not on the front...then I really would have been pissed!

as happy as i am that vogue has finally put models on the cover. i honestly dont like it. well, i love that its models, but i dont like the cover at all. i think they look completely crammed in. the layout isnt that good, some of the expressions look funny... and frankly, the focus is so much on the models, you dont recognize the clothes or the setting around them, which kind of contradicts the purpose of them being on a fashion magazine, to display clothes.

i wish they'ed move the models around a bit. they play up giselle so much and she's pretty and all but now i think she's annoying cos' she's everywhere. ok cover, though. liya looks great, i like that dress on her. the girl behind liya, with her head tilted, looks drugged and crazy. & theres a lot of overposing. which is kindaaa... :sick: :sick:

Originally posted by fullfrontal@Aug 17 2004, 08:55 AM
I agree that the models seem packed in. I would like the cover alot better if it was more of a scene (like someone mentioned the Vanity Fair covers), as opposed to "here are your models...all of them"

Thanks for posting.

They should've done a spread sort of like one from Vogue 04...(although I don't recall which issue), but I liked the layout:

They are sort of like Sardines on a cover for this september issue...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The dangerous liasons editorial to coincide with the openeing at MOMA - that was such a pretty spread! The guys in it were hot!

i think everyone had high expectations of this Vogue September cover. Alas, A. Wintour cannot please everyone. I think we must remember that she is trying to appeal to a cross section of the US population and not just the fashionistas. I like the cover, despite all of the models crammed together. I like the look of clarity of each model's face. The non-fashionista can therefore see who these models are and not be distracted by anything else. It's fantastic exposure for all the girls on the cover (with the exception of Gisele.)

Originally posted by manette@Aug 17 2004, 01:03 AM
hana looks great but i would have preferred to see elise on the cover instead of karen
[snapback]335116[/snapback]​

I so agree. I love Elise! She has been my favorite model for the longest. They could have even put Caroline Ribeiro! :angry:

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Aug 16 2004, 04:04 PM
I LOVE the cover but why is Karen Elson on it?  I like her a lot but she looks awkard with all those It models..
[snapback]334585[/snapback]​

100 % agree .... and I don't like her :sick: .

I was thinking in Angie Lindvall and it's to sad that she's not there :cry: :cry: or Elise :cry:

GISELE , DARIA AND NAT are gorgeous!!!!!! :flower: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->