US Vogue Summer 2023 : Margot Robbie by Ethan James Green

The Power of Anna…Having the face of Chanel in Versace on the cover…

I think this is one of those instance when the cover might translate better IRL

Those are beautiful shots but I wish it was more of a story-telling. This is like a great portfolio of wallpapers but very fun of US Vogue so, I like it.

I love. This will be eye-catching in newsstands.

I LOVE THIS !!! It's sooooo pretty / fresh and pink and it sells so well an idea, a simple idea yes but it works amazingly.
Is it Vogue-ish though? NOPE, at all.
Is it Harper's Bazaar-esque under Glenda? FOR SURE, HELL YEAH ahahaha.
Are the photos good and convincing under that specific brief and theme? OF COURSE.
Do I love this entire covershoot? YESSSSSSSS.
I wished Meisel came back to US Vogue for this one though.
By the way, I don't know if people noticed or knew or if it has been officially announced here anywhere but Meisel is officially on Instagram, so happy about that.

Who knew that Anna knew how to have fun. Love the cover and ed! She looks like Linda in some of the shots. Summer Barbiecore season is open!

I'll take it, it's fun, literal but a fresh take...still like someone mentioned Mert and Marcus would have make it better...

I'll take it, it's fun, literal but a fresh take...still like someone mentioned Mert and Marcus would have make it better...

I can imagine a more edgy story for W with her and maybe some other castmates by M&M

Its too american bubble happy to my taste, i know, its barbie, but…

There’s an uncanny valley quality to the cover that really works but I doubt it’s deliberate.

Gabrielle's styling is always a miss for me but this ill give her the 7s she deserves

This is camp but maybe cheap title like Paper will work. American Vogue though… 1% effort

This might be my favourite cover and ed of Margot. She looks so gorgeous and everything about this is so fun. I love it.

this is going to look so great on newsstands. i guess it's a rather boomer thing to say but i miss the headlines on covers. they always look unfinished to me.

this is going to look so great on newsstands. i guess it's a rather boomer thing to say but i miss the headlines on covers. they always look unfinished to me.

Vogue started to create covers especially for the likes of Instagram a while back and would remove text to make the cover seem more… attractive to the eye. The cover you see on the newsstand, however, has more text.

I’ve just came across a copy of this particular issue on American eBay and there’s only one small additional cover line this month, underneath the Margot Robbie headline so quite minimal for Vogue standards.

So literal, but when you’re promoting the Barbie movie I think I’m totally here for it. Anything else and I would just think it wasn’t camp enough. Shame there’s no Ken cameo jowever.
I feel that this issue is a paid partnership with the Film Production.

The cover looks great in person.

Review:

142 pp

“Meet Me in Senegal”
Photographer: Nadine Ijewere
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jampois
Models: Anok Yai, Sophia Makibdji, Mame Sane, Ibrahim Kane, Mona Tougaard, Kathia Ndong

“Country Pursuits”
Photographer: Reven Lei
Stylist: Alvin Yu, Lily Chou
Models: Pan Haowen

“Postcards from Italy”
Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Models: Vittoria Ceretti, Nora Attal, Paloma Elsesser, Anok Yai, Ida Heiner

“Something’s Cooking”
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Max Ortega
Jeremy Allen White, Rebecca Longendyke

“Take Two”
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy, Reven Lei
Stylists: Max Ortega, Tonne Goodman
Models: Grace Elizabeth, Estelle Chen
Stella McCartney and Shie Lyu repurpose each other’s work

“Just One Thing”
Photographer: Dan Martensen
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Vittoria Ceretti

saw this magazine on airport today, look stunning! like immediately catching your attention and outshining other magazines that kinda power, and of course, I went home with one, have to say, good job Vogue US and Anna!

140-odd pages are still the same thickness as a January issue, plus it's a combined month issue? It seems to be getting worse and worse for this poor magazine.

I wonder if that Oliver Hadlee Pearch editorial is not the awful cover that appeared on Vogue Germany with Paloma Elsesser. The only editorial that interests me is Max Ortega's. Thank God he's still styling for this magazine. I find Julia Sarr-Jamois very overrated and dull, basically on the same level as Jorden Bickham.

Overall the issue doesn't hold much promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"