Using Your Shopping Resources..

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by pointup, Aug 30, 2004.

1. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

I live in a small town.. Well not so small the two cities together are I would say 90,000 people.. My mom won't let me travel to shop for reasons that really arent necessary to get in to..

My question for you all is how do I build a wardrobe with limited resources.. Is the internet a good place to use to shop? How can I get fashion from the local mall?

I can have wonderful style in my head but the person I portray isn't so stylish...

How do I put the style in my head in to real life and do it with the resources around me?? Scour thrift shops? Try to find something decent at the mall??

I should be more resourceful, eh? How do you all do it?? How do I exude the fashionable girl I am inside?? How do I make my topics make more sense??

2. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

That is a good question and I have struggled with this for a long time living in a small city myself. I have bought off the internet before (only a vintage Halston dress) but my suggestion would be to scour all the shops around you and learn whats out there. There might be some shops that you don't know are there that have some great pieces. Also I find it's all picking and choosing. When I go to walmart sometimes I see a t-shirt, or a skirt or a pair of pants that look great. Look in all shops and find pieces and pick and choose and gradually build a warddrobe.

3. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I buy nearly everything online and in thrift shops.

I only look in 'new' stores outside of my town.

4. faust

faust New Member

I have one word for you - Ebay.

5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i have two words...customisation thread... :lol:

6. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i do think the internet is a wonderful rescoures for shoping
    thrift stores and customization
    you can always find basics at the gap or where ever you whant to shop and mix things