Vêtements S/S 2015 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Ninutsa, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Ninutsa

Ninutsa New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    style.com

2. Ninutsa

Ninutsa New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    style.com
    wwd.com

3. Ninutsa

Ninutsa New Member

4. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

It's a lot of fun! Reminds me of Bless. The trench dresses, skirts are outstanding and I would be looking at them on the rack.

5. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Oh my... I thought I had stumbled onto an old Helmut show...

They have a very DIY-meets-Helmut rawness to their spirit. Very crisp and sharp. Very real-- every piece is meant to be worn and not just for show. Very attractive to me.

Thanks Ninutsa for the post!

6. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Very cool. I like this a lot.

7. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

Great follow-up to that epic debut collection. It seems a little more refined and I love that they went for a runway show this time, quite a bold choice, IMO. The trench coats are fantastic and those couple of outfits with the leather jackets are fun. Love that belted look towards the end. Beautifully styled and super interesting!

8. Ninutsa

Ninutsa New Member

I was extremely proud when I became aware that the head designer of Vetements is actually from where I come from, Tbilisi, Georgia :) I'm always very skeptical of so-called designers that originate from my hometown and almost all of them fail to impress me. This time, Demna Gvasalia exceeded my expectations. I love every bit of this collection and you can actually see the influence from working with Margiela previously. As I know, now he is also in Louis Vuitton with Nicolas.

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

so glad you got this up ninutsa....i have been enamoured by them since their debut last season. easily one of the most exciting labels i've seen in a LONG time. carries on that humble tradition that MMM left before heading off into diesel-land. it's raw,it's quirky,it's effortless....is it is precisely the kind of spirit i feel has been so scarce in today's homogenised bubble...even amongst many independents.

10. Ninutsa

Ninutsa New Member

Yes, exactly! When I first came across their previous collection, I was in awe. I wanted everything and it happens very rarely when I want and like everything from a single collection and it's not just about the pieces they create, the styling is perfect! I read somewhere that design team can change from time to time and I hope that whatever change they may experience, collections will still have the same rawness and effortlessness to them :3

11. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

btw,no surprise your love of demna....he graduated from antwerp and was likely already schooled by MMM while still pursuing and he ended up going to MMM immediately after graduation to work at MMM while MM was still presiding over the label. all of them actually met while at MMM.

12. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

So many bold elements here and neat ideas. Blows me away how they made a sweat shirt and pants look so forward.

13. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

so very fun ideas and pieces here.

however, a lot of the pants are very unflattering - and that's on models...

14. marcBarna

marcBarna Well-Known Member