V#25 September/Otober 2003 : Beyonce Knowles by Mario Testino

Reaction score
I am speechless. :heart:

bgv410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, i've seen them before...this cover is gorgeous :heart:
very nice layout in a middle

:o still over the top but i didnt reconize her either!!
very strange choice, non? je n'adore pas beyonce....... :blush:
but this is a fresh take on her- still a bit hoochie but an artistcly styled on at least! i do like this cover thankxx for sharing this chick :heart: B)

I didn't recognize Beyonce either. I'm not a fan of these photos though.

she looks Galliano take on
foxxy brown / 70's era blacksploitation flickchick

how weired it must be to be beyonce she is always done beyond the nines. she truly took hoochie and hair weaves to the next level. i could never wear the hair the makeup the nails the tight *** dress the heels with out feeling like a prostitute :wacko:

she is a hotty tho' !! good to see her in a different magazine cool for V to take a chance- which i really think they did with this :shock: beyonce is that lat person i ever thought they would cover :shock:

eer beyonce? why is she so populare with fashion mags? I mean pop and V and both very edgy and she is not

But its cool, its a fresh look on her, I like it , J'adore V :heart:

I'm still really wowed by this cover choice. I think, if I may be so bold, that V represents everything that is right with fashion today. Putting a black celebrity on the cover of a major September issue is a huge step in the right direction. V may not be InStyle or Vogue, but I still think this is a big shocker for many in the publishing/fashion industry.

I'm still fuming over the snub that Janet Jackson got from US Bazaar in February. They put Gisele on that issue's cover, after using celebrities almost exclusively for the year preceding that, then gave Ms. Jackson a paltry, yet still stunning, spread somewhere in the middle of editorials. My point is, she could certainly have pulled off a cover of Bazaar--especially since the Van Lamzweerde/Matadin pictures of her were so perfect--but the powers that be decided that though they were desperate for the power of a celebrity, they weren't desperate enough to use a black actress/artist. Rather sad.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 13th, 2003 - 8:39 pm
eer beyonce? why is she so populare with fashion mags? I mean pop and V and both very edgy and she is not
Beyonce is overrated. Why is she becoming so popular? I even think Kelly Rowland is so much better in the way she isn't media-hungry and is simpler. Train on the track is much better than Crazy in Love.

As for the cover, FROU FROU! :yuk:

I like it. :shock: I knew it was her when I saw it. She doesn't bother me like most celebs/singers, but I still don't want to see her on covers. :neutral:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Aug 15 2003, 07:11 AM
Beyonce is overrated. Why is she becoming so popular? I even think Kelly Rowland is so much better in the way she isn't media-hungry and is simpler. Train on the track is much better than Crazy in Love.

As for the cover, FROU FROU! :yuk:
[snapback]83088[/snapback]​

I agree!!!!!!

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 13 2003, 09:51 PM
I'm still really wowed by this cover choice. I think, if I may be so bold, that V represents everything that is right with fashion today. Putting a black celebrity on the cover of a major September issue is a huge step in the right direction. V may not be InStyle or Vogue, but I still think this is a big shocker for many in the publishing/fashion industry.

I'm still fuming over the snub that Janet Jackson got from US Bazaar in February. They put Gisele on that issue's cover, after using celebrities almost exclusively for the year preceding that, then gave Ms. Jackson a paltry, yet still stunning, spread somewhere in the middle of editorials. My point is, she could certainly have pulled off a cover of Bazaar--especially since the Van Lamzweerde/Matadin pictures of her were so perfect--but the powers that be decided that though they were desperate for the power of a celebrity, they weren't desperate enough to use a black actress/artist. Rather sad.
[snapback]82863[/snapback]​
Its rude and tells me a lot about society still.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 13 2003, 08:51 PM
I think, if I may be so bold, that V represents everything that is right with fashion today.
[snapback]82863[/snapback]​

You are quite bold :flower: . I think V started out incredibly well, yet it's turning into another mainstream publication. I'm sorry, but how long can I hear about LV and DG and Jacobs in every damn issue of it? I'm also disappointed about them not bringing outside talent and freelancers in. Tabitha, Mario, Tabitha, Mario, my head is spinning :wacko: I have yet to make up my mind about Vmen, but the whole thing seems just like a high school clique.

I like Gan's book "Where will we meet next" though...

Originally posted by faust@Aug 19 2004, 11:39 AM
You are quite bold :flower: . I think V started out incredibly well, yet it's turning into another mainstream publication. I'm sorry, but how long can I hear about LV and DG and Jacobs in every damn issue of it? I'm also disappointed about them not bringing outside talent and freelancers in. Tabitha, Mario, Tabitha, Mario, my head is spinning :wacko: I have yet to make up my mind about Vmen, but the whole thing seems just like a high school clique.

I like Gan's book "Where will we meet next" though...
[snapback]338468[/snapback]​

That post was from a year ago, dear faust. A year later, I think V is going quite downhill still. My opinion changes everyday though. The new Alicia Keys issue is such a snoozer, though it does feature some nice looks outside of the usual LV, Dolce, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->