V#27 Spring Preview 2004 : Linda Evangelista by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Reaction score
Hopefully V will get its act together in the new year. This cover looks promising, as does the accompanying text from models.com. What do you think?

2004 kicks off right with the Spring issue of V magazine slated to hit the stands in January. The issue celebrates Louis Vuitton's 150th anniversary with a fold-out cover featuring the alpha-mother of the Canadian advance, Linda Evangelista shot by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin. The interior spreads include a series of Vuitton related pictures, an art collaboration between Mario Sorrenti and filmmaker Shannon Plumb (who will also have the collaboration on display at the Sarah Meltzer Gallery in NYC in Jan), a fashion story by Glen Luchford and Tabitha Simmons with Stam, Marija and Lily. Best of all, check out a special vintage fashion story on Body Map (the legendary 80's designers) shot by Craig McDean with Julia Stegner. That should get you out of the post-holidays doldroms!

vcover.jpg

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 1st, 2004 - 6:16 pm

*Linda Evangelista shot by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin .
***Best of all, check out a special vintage fashion story on Body Map (the legendary 80's designers) shot by Craig McDean with Julia Stegner.

:woot: Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, such a fresh take on Linda plus i cant wait for the bodymap story, i may still have some old BodyMap originals :ninja:

thanks for the topic chick :flower:

You're welcome, Lena.

I agree, it's a great new take on Linda. I was getting really tired of her but this is something I really like.

@ least the logo has been potrayed in a different away.Nicecover

Originally posted by grayspline@Jan 1st, 2004 - 11:17 am
excellent!

Polina K should be inside, as well...

ch33rz

:woot:
should be or will be? I hope she is! :flower:

I like the cover.

:woot: Wow! Fresh take, indeed on Linda. I always love what Inez and Vinoodh does. :heart:

I have to have this issue. Thanks chick. :flower:

i almost mistook Linda for Liberty Ross there

Originally posted by contessacolette@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 2:15 am
a great improvement from V's premiere issue that came out during the summer
Do you mean VMan, contessa? Because V itself has been around since 1999.

I don't think so, Scott. Issues usually arrive 2-3 weeks after V puts a preview up on their website. And they don't even have it up yet for this issue.

thanks for the preview chick.......

i hate to admit it, but the best thing about V is the cover. i do 'like' the editorials, but i dont love them :( i could only imagine how great a few better edits would look with V 's size :woot: .

I can't wait to take a gander at it. I hope you're right though Chicks because overall the last two years I haven't been impressed much at all. The last issue that I thought was remotely interesting(still not great however) was the September 2003 issue. Its very random that magazine.

Ims o sick of V, I mean teh ediotrials are cool as lo* said, but It bothers me hwo every issue ahs the same stylists and photographers and the same feeling, its not diverse anof, im also really sickend by the way they endorce labels on the cover with tehd ior, burberry now LV :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->