V Magazine #127 Winter 2020 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Models are not thought leaders, they are as flawed as everybody else as far as our political discourse goes. To view them as anything higher than that is naïve and you know what they say about never meeting your heroes. Good cover though, a very rare instance where Bella doesn't have a dead expression and a classic black and white portrait from Inez and Vinoodh, though its constant use by V is starting to get stale for me.

A few of the other cover stars are; Chris Evans, Halsey, Jaden Smith, Janelle Monàe and Janaya Future Khan.

Here are all the covers grabbed from the V Magazine store. Strange there are only 6 covers here if there are supposed to be 12.

As per usual with me noticing the "VOTE" - burn, V magazine, bur-r-r-r-n.

The covers are nice though.

So far quite a good set of covers. I really like Janelle’s cover and Chris’ cover is gorgeous! Such a handsome man.

Although I do think it’s a missed opportunity that they didn’t place the ‘O’ right under Chris’ ear to make it look like he’s wearing an earring.

Seen as a series, the covers look like people being subjected to a form of facial scanning.

Bella Hadid a 'thought leader'? For what? Lyme disease?
Chris is the only one that makes sense. I don't fancy him so I can look it objectively and his shot looks great. Where are the real activist models? Nora, Adut....Klossy, :lol:? May as well feature them if you're doing such a political cover.

The series of covers look like a bunch of Nike ads. The type that would typically feature a bunch of footballers from different backgrounds. There's something very hypermasculine about it (maybe the blue and lack of styling?)

Chris Evans is HOT, and his cover is gorgeous.
None of these people are "thought leaders" tho. How cringe.
Also, who is this Jaya Future person, and who do they keep snatching major covers??

qOZiyxmu_o.jpg
hefMVgUW_o.jpg
a3hWZNcn_o.jpg
UlEXOiCX_o.jpg
4Nkm71En_o.jpg
p27zuYie_o.jpg

vmag

Most of these people are not who I would consider thought leaders, I agree with Chris Evans and Taylor Swift being there though. If they really wanted fashion model as a thought leader they shouldn’t have used Bella, I see Gigi speaking out more than her! they should’ve went with a model that is a part of the model alliance group (not sure if there’s any big names but if there is that’s what I’d suggest)

Taylor Swift's cover image was swiped from US Vogue's September 2019 cover story, and the shot of Julianne Moore looks familiar too, as does Jennifer Lawrence's. I also suspected Mariah Carey's was from years ago but cannot recall Mariah ever posing for I&V!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"