V Magazine #132 Fall 2021 : Olivia Rodrigo by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Wow, I barely recognized her. Not that she has a particularly memorable face, but that eye makeup and styling in general is really heavy on her.

Also, I&V have been really phoning it in with their b&w work for the past 5 or so years. I&V "let's use the street outside of our apartment as a location" on a budget. I prefer their Lil Nas X shoot for VMan over this tbh.

I think the 2nd cover really only works, the angles of the rest just look awkward.

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the I&V work... I've always thought they have very little really good stuff and what bothers me the most is that they took a lot of work that would have been for Testino and Patrick (if they hadn't been cancelled), but I&V doesn't come close to their quality!

IT'S OLIVIA RODRIGO'S WORLD
Photographers:
Inez van & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-Up: Sam Visser
Model/Celebrity: Olivia Rodrigo

vmagazine.com

Ehh, not a fan of this take on her. Guess it's good to push her through all styles before her team establishes her "aesthetic" by the end of the year.

Her Variety edit was better IMO.

She has this bland/anemic demeanour and they did her no favors by shooting her in b&w...it's just sad.

Her look is Avril Lavigne redux (like her music) and they should stick with that for her magazine shoots...the Janis-Joplin-gone-streetwalker look hasn't been a thing since Paradis dated Lenny Kravitz

As a gay man in his *cough* late 20s or older *cough* I'm obviously obsessed with the highly relatable teenage Rodrigo.
And I've always loved I&V's work.

This, however.......? This is very underwhelming. That is an odd, sad cover. Part of Rodrigo's appeal is her wannabe-'90s riot girl meets Taylor Swift attitude; this looks like something suited for Norah Jones.

Surprised to say that I think Ethan James Green could've done this in a more interesting way.

Get any other stylist other than George cortina for V - you won’t see any magic happens here

Why is she so childish though? I'm a year younger than her but she is always portayed like some emo 13-14 year old, even in magazines the embarrassment is real with this one

I was about to get snippy with you in another thread and I'm thankful I held my tongue because, now knowing you're only 17, that would've been super embarrassing for me.

Why is she so childish though? I'm a year younger than her but she is always portayed like some emo 13-14 year old, even in magazines the embarrassment is real with this one

That's not emo lol

A simple studio sitting from I&V (and styling from either Cortina or Dudzeele) would've sufficed, because mixed with Nicola Formichetti's styling and the beauty styling - I'm not impressed. The styling and direction of the whole shoot feels far too heavy for a girl of 18!

Angles angles angles Olivia? I know shes brand new but someone needs to teach her how to work her light. This shoot does her no favors. I&V on autopilot.

THE NEW CLASSIC
Photographer:
Chris Colls
Stylist: Dan Sablon
Hair: Diego Da Silva
Make-Up: Lili Choi
Models: Malgosia Bela, Edita Vilkeviciute, Alexandra Agoston & Mahany Pery

vmagazine.com

FALL IN FULL COLOR!
Photographer:
Domen & Van De Velde
Stylist: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Tsuki
Make-Up: Maki Ryoke
Models: Ajok Madel, Olivia Petersen, James Turlington, Noah Luis Brown, Cloud Modi, Varsha Thapa, Joao Knorr & Charlie Matthews

vmagazine.com

METAMORPHOSIS: MORPHING INTO THE FALL SEASON
Photography:
Sølve Sundsbø
Styling: Gro Curtis
Hair: Shon Hyungsun Ju
Make-up: Val Garland
Model: Georgia Palmer

vmagazine.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads