Valentino F/W 2018.19 : Adut Akech, Vittoria Ceretti & Fran Summers by Juergen Teller

Judging by that video preview, this should have been Adut only.

I like what I see so far.

I love the vintage cinematic vibe of the video. Very promising.

That logotype is so annoying, that Didot typography is hideous, looks so dated, and why did they put it so big? The video is cool though, just that huge VALENTINO in the center ruins it.

Source @maisonvalentino Instagram.

38040845_10155866227903031_1443729247683215360_n.jpg

38173127_10155866227968031_5558906442418749440_n.jpg

Fran looks lovely, very 70s! And while the grainy effect of the video is cool, it's a pity it wasnt extended to the print version. I'm keen to see what Adut's shots will look like because in the video her skintone seem very harsh. I've often found that black women rarely comes off looking great through Teller's lens.

That logotype is so annoying, that Didot typography is hideous, looks so dated, and why did they put it so big? The video is cool though, just that huge VALENTINO in the center ruins it.

The only part I really loathe about their campaigns! The overbearing logo.

It’s indeed a pity that the grainy effect is missing in the actual images.

There’s something Glamorous and decadent with this campaign that I love.
I don’t mind Teller but there’s something really lazy in his way to work with models... I mean they are just standing there doing absolutely nothing.
At least, he should try to add more stuff to the narrative.

I don't know what Vittoria is doing here. Is she a new Teller fav? (I mean, Marant and Valentino).

It just have been Adut and Fran, the ultimate Valentino girls.

I believe there's another image of Adut with a black panther? I saw it on the brand's instagram account and I gotta say, it is the best work Teller has ever done. The clothes, Adut, and the overall mise en scene help compensate for Teller's insipid photography.

Adut looks stunning, but I feel this is a bit of a regression after the ads with the stunning portraits (I think it was FW17/18?).

Absolutely awful. How they managed to make stunners like Adut and Fran look like a completely mess, is beyond me.
Vitto looks decent, and this is coming from someone who can't stand her presence anymore. Hadids who? She's so overrated and overexposed, and it's been like 3 seasons right now (?) I guess.

The last campaign was simple, but so effective, imo. Looked awesome. But this is terrible. What a shame, you get a gorgeous group of girls and a beautiful collection, and you still can't produce something at least decent? Lookbook realness.

A hideous photographer captured an ugly campaign for an ugly cast. I’d say that’s fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"