Valentino F/W 2020.21 Paris

Ok, it just reminds me that he spent a lot of time working in tandem with MGC because this collection could have been done by her.

I enjoyed the menswear a lot though.

Did they change casting director? I was surprised to see Anja, Lara, Irina and Natasha.
The collection itself was boring and reminiscent of other designers. Looked like something straight from the department store.
I also find it laughable how brands keep showing their versions of Bottega Veneta bags. Please stop because the results are cringeworthy at best.

I loved Pierpaolo's Valentino, but for me each season is worse and worse.
This one was just boring.
Black, red, nude, sheer. Wow. Groundbreaking!
He copy-pasted the flower prints from the men's coat collection to women's. Lazy.
The same venue and set design, too many looks, too much black, terrible boots, boring music (was that Billie Eilish? :judge:)
And what were the boys doing there? Their looks were also boring and basic.

it's by no means a groundbreaking collection - actually it's super safe - but it's very elegant and i would wear every single look so it's gotta be a yes from me.

First half was McQueen by Sarah Burton and the evening section was a big Zzzz... The last dress doesn't even fit Adut properly.

Cast was good, IMHO.

The boots on Irina must be the worst boots I've ever seen. They look like her shoe size is 65, and I just cannot unsee it now.

Only the semi metallic green dress on that gorgeous black girl woke me up for an instant.

As usual with PPP...Good Couture, lackluster and even underwhelming RTW.
It’s not bad because the clothes are good and actually relate to things that I love but it’s so embarrassing and commercial in the worst kind of way!
Black sells well...So all black!
Red Valentino is always a winner!
He jumped on the Combat boots bandwagon and suddenly Valentino is doing clutches a la BV.

Because PPP is such a follower, he insert himself in the conversation trending on social media: A plus size model who wears an unflattering leather dress, some androgynous models for the gender identity part and some men in sheer blouses to play on the ambiguity.

‘How all of that relates to Valentino?
The pumps could have been just enough.

The leather flower coat is stunning tho.

What an awful collection that is just mediocre at best. I'm not even the biggest fan of his couture but this collection makes them look like they were designed by different people. Big yikes.

As I say each season, there is a big disconnect between his couture and his ready-to-wear. This is nothing to write home about, but I can see the appeal in the easiness of the pieces. I'd never buy his menswear though; it is way too nondescript and I'm missing the lifestyle around it. I have no idea who the Valentino man is.

At least it wasn’t a copy paste job from couture.

It’s a perfectly fine collection but it’s boring. I thought he was going to take us somewhere new and exciting when thee leather started to make its appearance but it didn’t go anywhere.

Valentino used to have some amazing design details for rtw, similar to the leather coat with applique flower detail. I find his designs to be very flat and 2D which is the same problem I sometimes have with Olivier Rousteing. It's as if they design only on a flat sketch.

PPP falls so short on rtw and Valentino deserves better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->