Valentino F/W 2021.22 Milan

I don’t know but at first glance I am liking this collection. It looks like something that people who wears Anthony Vaccarello’s Saint Laurent would “graduate” into (or at least wear them at their old money relative’s funeral)...

And of course some looks will be familiar... with this collection’s being stripped down monochrome versions of their original ones. To me that’s some form of nostalgia for the better old days...? But then again Pierpaolo is an employee and there’s a house code he needs to keep to. I am glad that we don’t get a sh*tshow here as compared to... *cough Fendi cough*...

And I don’t see so much of the “chasing the youth money” here... these clothes are still pretty formal and one would need some form of ‘back story’ and life experiences to pull it off imho...

I see quite a bit of YSL, Margiela and Balencaiga here. It's not a terrible collection though, at least there's some cohesion.

What's the consensus of the menswear?

I WANT to like it, and I'm sure there's some fantastic pieces sprinkled throughout here and there, but overall, I just can't fully get into it, and I can't quite put my finger on why.

But in this collection, the addition of those butterfly collars certainly doesn't help.

What's the consensus of the menswear?

I WANT to like it, and I'm sure there's some fantastic pieces sprinkled throughout here and there, but overall, I just can't fully get into it, and I can't quite put my finger on why.

But in this collection, the addition of those butterfly collars certainly doesn't help.

I like a couple of the menswear pieces - that macro plaid coat has been noted.

I think it's cute, he definitely phoned it in. Still glamorous and better than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->