Valentino Haute Couture F/W 2021.22 Venice

It’s simple, and effective, but it feels like there are too many carried over looks from other seasons… (the fluffy hats, puffy sleeves…)

Nonetheless it’s a very beautiful show

No. I really, really dislike his work now.

It's so flat, so two-dimensional, so...I don't even know how to describe it...it just totally lacks personality and charm....

And leave it to PPP to put the generic tech company chunky-funky pink girl style illustration on a Couture dress.

Not the most groundbreaking collection but don't care much as it is, at least, truly beautiful. The color palette is divine. The menswear is a nice addition (watch and learn Demna) to the women's part. I love the fact that it is still HC yet very modern.

Kudos to Joe for being still a very good stylist.

That was a long show…
Except for the mini silhouettes, I wasn’t impressed.
It felt very redundant. St some point it felt more Anne Marie Beretta than Valentino. It just felt heavy at some point.

For me the magic is not working…
But it’s good to hear a Sade song, always.

it is not the first time he is doing this but i really dislike that fabric looking like huge, rolled out pasta dough, hanging down the bodies with minimal cut.
maybe its supposed to be modern and sleek but i think it just looks very soulless and not refined enough for couture.

Ironically this is his best men offering since his solo. His men collections usually full of gimmicks and feel so desperately chasing the cool kids. Here it's just tastefully done.

For the women, same old stuff. His parade of big gowns are not going to impress anyone anymore. And that big purple dress looks weird in motion.

It's been a while since I felt that a collection was endless! Let's throw everything and the kitchen sink just to see what sticks...among the mess there are some really pretty outfits but bouclé wool aprons, leather leg warmers, Alaïa-esque hoods and muppet hats distract quite a lot from the good

Not much of a crescendo was built because of how repetitive it ended up feeling, this wasn't gonna end until PP had exhausted every possible color combination. The final dresses were moving like they had a will of their own, very strange.

I will say that the suit with a boat collar jacket in off-white was nice even though the fit is a bit loose for my liking. The menswear is not as bad as what he presents for the ready-to-wear!

There are so many great men’s looks! I wish he would do a RTW version of those suits and coats so I can afford them!!

Don’t care for the women’s part so much as we’ve pretty much seen everything except those with short silhouettes. Nothing too surprising here, so I hope he can bring us something new soon. We don’t need another designer who is in auto pilot mode.

This is a perfect example of there being absolutely no lightness...even when he uses burnt ostrich feathers...it still all looks like one big heavy CHUNK.

His best collection of his entire career was his debut solo Couture collection (Spring 2017). He never reached those heights again. Those clothes looked like air and they moved like it, too. So refined and delicate and sensual.

I also hate his color palette now...it's so predictably "unpredictable." PPP....you're no Lacroix...quit trying to invent new color combos. You look like an amateur. It's so garish and unattractive and unappealing...these are like Crayola marker colors.

The colour palette makes the collection look cheap...and it doesn´t help the fact that many looks here look more RTW than HC.

it’s like an elevated RTW despite the gowns… colour palette is interesting… not groundbreaking for HC.

I loath this kind of color-palette.

If I'm feeling generous, it's very much ripping off Jean-Charles de Castelbajac. And I’ve always found Castelbajac very basic.

The old Valentino duo and their constant repetitive collections... He's not much better than his old pal MGC, it's just that his clothes are more interesting to look at.

Some very lovely pieces indeed, but the colors are an eyesore. If you scroll down fast enough, you might even suffer a stroke.

It's a beautiful collection, but at this point it's extremely predictable. And while I'm a fan of his heavier, more graphic silhouettes, they're getting more and more repetitive. Also, the colour palette is not as clashing as he would like it to be anymore, but I'm scared that PPP perceives it as his trademark. Same with feathers, they're a no-brainer in his collections. If he had wanted to do something dramatic, he should have gone for a different technique. That might be the reason why the menswear is more interesting than the womenswear here. The latter is just his usual, visually heavy stuff.

The craftsmanship is there, but it won't be enough. The repetitiveness will kill the anticipation very soon and while there's an evolution, I feel like it should be more radical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->