Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

Usually I would say that using a good amount of fine fabrics does mean that you are doing couture, however there is something very touching in the way that he works oversizing these dresses, every inche look extremely well thought. Very different from what giambattista valli had been trying to do for year.

Its doesn't change the fact that this collection is boring and sometimes remind me the old collection when MGC was on the ticket. You can have the most complex level of technic, but when you don't have much to say its not gonna work. This worry me a little bit, this is all that we gonna get from him? He doesn't prove himself was a designer like MGC, I just wanna know if he more things to add in the fashion conversation.

Its a pity. This collection looks that was made with the scraps that lefted from the past collections.

I can't deny that this feels like a continuation of the same thing he's done for the past couple seasons.

BUT, I also think it's simply the most romantic and glorious collection. There's something here that nobody else is doing. If you see any of these gowns in a photograph you will instantly recognize it as this new Valentino. They're so dreamlike and almost absurd, but powerful in that way. I felt emotional watching the show.

Celine Dion was brought to tears because that song, "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was the song of her first dance with her late husband. And also just now is the 3rd anniversary of his passing. So very understandable that it would be a deeply emotional moment for her.

Also, let's be real - Celine feels the feelings more than anybody else. haha. She's my favourite person to see front row at couture, because she's so unapologetically unfiltered with her emotions. So entirely unconcerned with seeming cool or aloof. She's just a joy to watch.

I loved the show, not the collection. It's a not exciting or new by him but it's still an incredible example of his ability and the attention to details that the Atelier puts in every piece.

I also think it's simply the most romantic and glorious collection. There's something here that nobody else is doing. If you see any of these gowns in a photograph you will instantly recognize it as this new Valentino. They're so dreamlike and almost absurd, but powerful in that way. I felt emotional watching the show.

Well said. The dresses are something the high society ladies in a Slim Aarons photo would wear, and that to me is why they are so excellent, and embody HC better than any other collection this season.

Also, let's be real - Celine feels the feelings more than anybody else. haha. She's my favourite person to see front row at couture, because she's so unapologetically unfiltered with her emotions. So entirely unconcerned with seeming cool or aloof. She's just a joy to watch.

She is OTT but so refreshing. We don’t have Isabella Blow anymore (she was the Queen at clapping for a great dress) and it’s so touching to see someone who truly appreciate fashion.

Plus, she actually buys Couture and wears High Fashion literally everyday of life since the 90’s.

I agree. Especially at a time where everyone is front row but stuck behind their phone to "record it for the gram".

late to the party as usual but here a few things:

1. Flowers? for spring? Groundbreaking.
2. As someone said before, it was stunning a year ago. His first Couture with this direction -ss 18- was perfectly balanced and executed. Sometimes you need to balance everything. Just because you're talking louder it doesn't mean that you're saying something right. On the other hand, I liked the styling. Joe is doing a great job at the house. It was really really good until look 13 but then the grandma wardrobe attacked.
3. Alek, Ajak and Grace. Am I dreaming? I almost cried when I saw them.

I can't say I love it but I can't say I hate it. I was pretty hopeful about this to be honest. I'm just dissapointed.

The Models really need to learn how to walk in these kinds of dresses. This is Couture! Lift it! Miss J where are you?

Rebloggy

Miss Campbell was the only one who knew how to sell that funeral dress, everybody else is dismissed. That piece on Kaia is a total nosedive.

I kind of liked this collection because I liked the fabrics, however the clothes themselves aren't that great. I think what's happening now is the same thing that happened when pier paulo was with MGC, they had a collection that was a very big hit so they basically kept repeating it over and over, maybe it's still too early to tell but it seems like this is what he's doing. He had a big hit with the over-sized dresses so he's gonna keep doing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->