Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2021 Rome

Is this a Couture show mixed with Mens RTW/Couture?

Other than the confusion I do like this cleaner approach...reminds me of what he PeePee did when he debuted solo in 2016/17.

Great range of colors, love that there's so much variety. Lady Gaga must have had some input on the shoes lol...

I like it, maybe not because of the collection, but because he went in a different direction than he was going about 2/3 years ago!

This doesn’t seem very couture to me but it’s very wearable and I like it even if it is a little boring

I LOVE THIS.
The more the collection progress, the more I fell in love with it. It's so perfectly done I bet the couture is in the details. I want to wear the menswear, too ! I love PPP again ! So many beautiful pieces here. This is my favourite collection from couture week so far !

Some of the models look scary, the make-up reminded me of the Beijing Couture catastrophe he did a few years ago.

He needed to reduce 2/3 of the collection because some of the looks is just look like RTW. At least it's not fabric galore he seem to obsessed for some reasons. The menswear is like the afterthought, and Couture for men, Clare done it better at Givenchy.

Overall I like it because he have some refinement and he takes a break from those tiring tent-like shape dresses he seems to insist in couture.

Not the best thing ever but I've got to recognize it was refreshing coming after such gaudy excess (last season particularly). I adore the white ensemble with an aqua turtleneck and the tangerine coat but I still I think he should have fitted the tailoring closer to the body, it's a bit much at points.

A more comfortable shoe would have been a better match for the rather pragmatic daywear but I get it's a way of emphasizing the elongated silhouette of the show.

Thankful for the soundtrack, I've had enough FKA Twigs at Valentino for a lifetime, Massive Attack worked great.

I love this. Glamor and sex appeal but refined and sophisticated. Love the styling too.

I love this collection! It's more in tune with what he had been doing around 2017-2018 before he switched to the overdramatic direction. The whole collection is clean, sharply graphic, and well-edited. My only complaint here is the choice of those high heels. They're too extreme to my taste.

I loved this collection for a very simple reason that we all often forget: HC is as much about daywear as it is about evening gowns. I think PP acknowledged that the current times are such that an excess of bling and flamboyance would be outright tacky, even for the ample standards of couture. And the color palette keeps everything fresh and appealing.
I was not as convinced by the MW pieces: again, RTW or couture? Either way, sequined turtlenecks are an absolute no to me...

What a surprise. I am glad he has moved away from embroidered tents this time. Indeed very refreshing.
Long fluid gowns are my favorites. Very sleek looking. Love the gloves which add that old glamour feel.
Menswear part was unnecessary.

calling this Haute Couture is, in al fairness, insulting.

THIS is what his RTW should’ve been even if it’s a little... dated? I mean... so much minimalism (that I don’t mind at all!) and references too... Jill Sander, Phoebe...

the colour palette was the best thing and indeed a joyous feast but PP darling, throwing some lamé and sequins DOES NOT MAKE HAUTE COUTURE.
shame on you.

I’m sure Mr. Valentino is embarrassed.

The mood was very Givenchy by Riccardo rather than Valentino....

It's an interesting collection, very Hits/Misses.
Italian Haute Couture or Alta Moda has this particularity to be very much more wearable or practical, simpler in allure despite the sophistication of the fabrics and techniques.
It's refreshing to see very well made clothes in great fabrics. I love the color palette and the movement of some of the fabrics.

The problem comes with the gimmicks.
First of all, the styling is a mess. Couture is about a look, a silhouette and the styling needs to be perfect. It should not be about a great sweater and a good pant here and there.

After the styling comes the boots (part of the styling anyway) and shoes overall. PP is trying too hard to be edgy and the shoes kills the allure and the impression of modernity. It's painful to see somebody struggling to walk while wearing pragmatic clothes.

Finally, I hate the obvious references to recent fashion. The references to Balenciaga or Bottega Veneta bothers me.
And I don't get the menswear...

Can someone tell me the name of the songs playing in the show?

Such a relief for sore eyes, happy he turned it around. Amazing color combinations, interesting shapes.
Juuuust a lil too RTW to call it couture. Hated the gold faces, so unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->