Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2021 Rome

I'm swooning over everything. He can practically do no wrong in my eyes at this point.

Some of the looks reminded me of late 90s Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton collections. The colour palette, the hair...Vuitton circa 1998/99.

I think it was fabulous !

Gorgeous location ! Fabulous make-up ! Haute couture extravaganza ! It was luxury like I love and dearly missed these past months.
I only have a small inconvenience with the shoes and hair. The Naomi Campbell long straight weave signature is not for everyone...

I felt so confused because I've only watched the last two minutes of the show and it was so different and very raw in a way.
But I have to admit that after looking the whole thing..I'm conviced. He finally decided to go back to design actual clothes with a sense of extravaganza without being ridiculously obvious and over the top.That's what I want to see on couture: all the glamorous gestures have a purpose -it's not exhuberant for the sake of it-. Every single garment has allure on it own and feels more connected to that way of designing couture with the easiness that he had his first seasons.
Saying that, I'm not gonna lie: I absolutely HATE the shoes but somehow they just felt right to the silhouette.

This is a step in the right direction. I hope he won't f*cking ruin it.

He does take a different direction this time, but the majority of this collection doesn't have a lot to do with Valentino. I remember reading somewhere from him saying Valentino was a beautiful brand at its core, so I would much prefer him to stick with romanticism for this brand as long as he will never be able to top his HCSS2018 collection. I know PPP (or his ex-codesigner MGC) is not about sensuality and sexuality, so I think I miss the ethereal beauty of this brand.

I am saying this in a very neutral way but some of the looks are just what I imagine a Phoebe Philo’s haute couture collection would look like... am sure this collection would be very popular amongst the Philopiles

I honestly thought that this was quite refreshing, better than some of his recent collections that's for sure. Loved the hair and makekup as well.

While I definitely get the strong RTW vibes, it was nice to see couture done in a more practical way. The menswear was kind of unnecessary though.

Damn it, I was hoping for me. I think he's progressing but very slowly. The show is a mess. Many looks didn't work. Some are beyond gorgeous. Definitely need more editing. I think he's most successful when he has a clear direction that simply translates. Here, I felt his confusion.

I don't mind this. I guess the ugly times we live in led him to tone it down (except the shoes lol) and i like it, for the most part. It's very elegant and the daywear is great. Doesn't maybe feel too couture, but it's miles better than whatever mess brands like Giambattista Valli and Chanel showed and more in tune with times, surely. The second and third to last gowns are wonderful, simple but very elegant - not revolutionary but so chic.

I think this is the kind of couture Raf was trying to achieve—but failed to do so—during his tenure at Dior: streamlined and has a sense of practicality without losing some edge. Maybe the spirit of dressing down throughout the pandemic inspired Pierpaolo to approach couture from a less gaudy perspective. Now what he needs to do is to improve his RTW.

Good collection, nice to see him pairing things down a bit...

This is some truly modern and wearable couture, not fartsy plays or clownish things. Nothing groundbreaking, but this is even better - solid, appealing, practical even. Hope this is how it will be from now on.

I didn't like this when I first looked at it but now I'm beginning to appreciate it more - especially compared to mostly everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->