Valentino S/S 2004 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Romance is in the air at Valentino, with a Chanel inspired, pale, almost washed out collection, which was clearly not maestro's best.
Main theme, those so-so toned down butterflies on prints, hair accessories, shoes and bags and only one "valentino" red evening dress.

100119576.jpg

I really dislike this collection. It reminded me of ugly 80's power dressing, right down to the orange grandma lipstick.

Also, I'm so sick of the floaty satin pieces in washed-out pastels. Though Valentino's are truly some of the worst of the season. All in all, a very heavyhanded look at the season's trends. Definitely NOT Valentino at his finest.

Oh, and butterflies? I'm not 12 and I don't want to dress that way.

Err I dunno about this collection.

I dig butterflies but I don't want to wear them, perhaps he was trying to appeal to Mariah Carey's facination with them.

Umm I dunno something looks muted here, or dull. I don't dislike it totally just doesn't jump at me.

out of 7 pages of clothing [81 looks in all]. i found 4 dresses that i like. that is it. :shock:

here is one of them.

i have to add that the makeup just scares me. why mess with a classic red lip?

I agree, pears.

Why does Valentino feel the need to force EIGHTY looks on us? No one cares. I love Prada and Comme des Garcons, but even with them I'd be bored with eighty looks. It's just ridiculous. I love Balenciaga and their 26 looks this season. Short and sweet and packed with punch. That's what a runway show should be.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Oct 13th, 2003 - 1:39 pm
I agree, pears.

Why does Valentino feel the need to force EIGHTY looks on us? No one cares. I love Prada and Comme des Garcons, but even with them I'd be bored with eighty looks. It's just ridiculous. I love Balenciaga and their 26 looks this season. Short and sweet and packed with punch. That's what a runway show should be.
i know!

why can't some designers just get a good editor???!!!????!!!

i usually see 3-4 collections that i love overall... i usually have to pick and choose items that i adore from a bottomless pit of frumpy frocks. :innocent:

its not typically Valentino......however i love the cuts forever and ever

it definately follows the washed-out trend which has been seen throught fashion month

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 13th, 2003 - 1:31 pm
its not typically Valentino......however i love the cuts forever and ever

it definately follows the washed-out trend which has been seen throught fashion month
i agree. some dresses were gorgeous anyway

I used to be fascinated with the elegance that Valentino carries in all his collections, but this 80's power up womyn collection is very dull and boring. Reminds me of all the colors Donatella used for this Spring 04 collection as well. Come on Valentino...lets see something better. I also agree with all of you on the butterflies prints.

all though i really do like this collection, and i think it's beautiful, it doesn't say Valentino. I would not dare look at, really, any of these things and be able to pin point it as usual and say "that's Valentino". You know? It's great, just not "him".

I like some pieces of it but it doesn't seem like a Valentino collection at all!!

I enjoy the colors, and some of the cuts. I agree with everyone on the makeup :blink:

As a whole... doesn't particularly tickle my fancy :mellow:

Not a good look for Valentino, i love his style, but this comes of as cheap, i wish he could be youngand fresh in a modern way. As Chick* said very 80's power dressing crap.

I like the Valentino show S/S 04 it's always elegant, original.
Thanks for the pics :P

the house of valentino rarely puts on a flashy fashion-forward spectaculars...i think that valentino, just like many of the more established houses, have shows that appeal to a restricted, well-understood, returning client. and i think that these clothes appealed to that client.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 1st, 2003 - 4:21 pm
the house of valentino rarely puts on a flashy fashion-forward spectaculars...i think that valentino, just like many of the more established houses, have shows that appeal to a restricted, well-understood, returning client. and i think that these clothes appealed to that client.
I'm not asking Valentino to pull fashion spectacles like Kawakubo's skirt extravaganza for CDG. I think that, even in the realm of Valentino, this collection is lacking. His spring and fall 2003 shows were sublime--true luxury through and through. This one seems a little cheap and comes up short.

But going back to your point: does the 55 year old Valentino customer really want to adorn herself with butterflies and floaty pastel chiffon? I don't think so.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Dec 1st, 2003 - 11:37 pm
does the 55 year old Valentino customer really want to adorn herself with butterflies and floaty pastel chiffon? I don't think so.
neither do i chick :wink:

even though i'm certainly not a Valentino kind of woman, i have seen much much better from the great maitre.

on the other hand, everyone is entitled to an 'off' collection, every now and then, its not a crime you know, i'm sure he will be back stronger than ever in March :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"