Valentino S/S 2022 Paris

what a mess. terrible.

the casting was a joke, the setting boring (overly done and much better) and the Womenswear… a couple of nice dresses. that was it.
and don’t get me started on the Menswear…

what a waste of resources.
someone explain to me please, what’s the theme of this collection. if there is one.

PPP should stop with his Instagram bs and inebriate himself in creativity again because this ain’t it.

I guess Valentino joins the competition for worse Spring/ Summer 2022 collection *insert Squid Game series intro*

I know they're getting rid of Red Valentino, but was some of it absorbed here? Some of the solid dresses/looks just feel so painfully contemporary market, especially next to the abysmal use of denim, that the rest of the collection gets dragged wayyyy down. I actually like a bit of this, but have to wonder why some of it is just so...basic?

And I thought the couture was in need of a serious trim! Such a bloated show, to be honest there's nothing particularly good here but it wouldn't be so blatant if it didn't go on and on.

The outlet-ready garments once again draining any and all energy out of the main collection. Elitism can be beautiful!

I love the wearable element, for some reason this particular collection feels very Milan fashion week.

Yes it's very pretty but his RTW has lost its vision. I don't want to be around these characters he's created. He wants to offer everything under the sun for a lifestyle but it ends up looking less and less desirable. Yeah his shows with MGC were repetitive but you can't deny how hyper-focused and coherent something like F/W 2013 was.

No comment on that menswear lol. I'm sorry but if you want to pay $$$ for that just spend it on Hedi's Celine or something.

Laughable. Everyone who thinks he is better than Mary Grace should see this. There is no way they still have clients that used to buy collections designed by Valentino himself.
Piccolo always books the worst set of models. TF is he getting them from? Pride parade? Art university? Gender studies classes?

Some looks are exquisite and he really does know how to put interesting colours together, but overall this is quite generic, no? Nothing particularly dynamic or unique about any of these clothes. The man is single handedly keeping producers of silk taffeta in business with his unrelenting obsession with the fabric.

The casting is hilariously cringe, as everyone has mentioned. Trying way too hard to be "cool" and "cutting edge", but I guess they want that cultural cachet, so they can sell more VLTN hoodies and t-shirts to the masses.

Seriously though, Valentino has completely lost its way. It used to stand for something. It really was unique in the fashion landscape, even if it wasn't as woke and inclusive as contemporary society demanded. This collection is exactly what happens when the woke-mob infiltrate creativity and put constant pressure on creatives to incorporate everybody and everything under the sun - it becomes hopelessly generic and boring.

Why it feels so Gucci vibe,even the location set.

Since 2020, Jacopo Venturini, the former merchandiser of Gucci under Alessandro Michele, joined Valentino as chief executive. It's obvious ever since he joined, the collections incorporated a Michele/Gucci aesthetic into the designs and overall vibe. Spring 2021 is the start of his influence at Valentino.

Since 2020, Jacopo Venturini, the former merchandiser of Gucci under Alessandro Michele, joined Valentino as chief executive. It's obvious ever since he joined, the collections incorporated a Michele/Gucci aesthetic into the designs and overall vibe. Spring 2021 is the start of his influence at Valentino.

OMG really? nooooooooo!

This whole show is just confusing to me. He trying to create an intimating atmosphere for this show but the clothes feel so out of place with the setting.

And the show is too long, I feel tired after watching the video. If you gonna send out more than 80+ looks at least make it entertaining. Karl's shows are long but he always makes it fun with the statement looks or fun accessories through the shows.

The clothes are not ugly, it's just merchandise that has no theme or concept whatsoever. It's like he designed this collection with the company head of merchandise, and they advise him to fill up the collection with every category that has on their website.

The menswear is okay, they're following the spirit of his last couture show. The problem is the womenswear, they're clashing with each other. The 2000s looks are clashing with classic Valentino looks. He seriously needs a stylist that will tell him to stick one idea per show.

This show is not for the classic Valentino women, some looks will appeal to them. But this is for the Bloggers, Instagram, Tik Tok.

All the shows that show 10592 looks ALWAYS feel like it’s 2+ collections plastered together. I get that diversity in choice is key, but maybe stop wasting fabric for this mediocrity. I am always appalled when houses show so many looks, it takes away from the conceptual view instantly and screams commerce. Business is sure existing to make money, but making money via craft and heritage is different than transforming into a greedy corporate pig in a fashionable, artsy outfit.

And all you see in stores usually is those V logos sweats and pants, so ugly.

I think the biggest issue is showing too many looks. Whenever a designer shows too much quality and aesthetics are compromised. Its shocking that such a cheap looking outfit would make it to the Valentino runway , the way the inner lining is sitting is not something you would expect from such a prestige brand.

image vogue

YIqmM2fs_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->