Vanina Sorrenti - Photographer

Some of the Vanina Sorrenti photos were really beautiful . . . I like the way she frames her subjects and her use of light.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Vanina Sorrenti photos are stunning, absolutely beautiful and very poetic most of them..i love the mood of it and i remember i really liked that shoot with Anne Vyalitsyna, i even used some of those pics as avatars but i never knew it was her. :woot: :heart:

I got some of the pics off that page. i'll post them because i love them and i have no life:P :

vanina3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well i spend too much of my life here right now:lol:
thanks for posting these mullet! i never knew that she was so productive....really beautiful.:heart:
and thanks for the davide sorrenti contribution jennifer!
now we need to find some francesca sorrenti!

The Vanina Sorrenti pics are gorgeous! She is really talented. I have the Chloe pic because a store sent me a postcard with that image a few years ago...:heart:

i think that story that vanina did for numero is her best work to date...:flower:

Wow, I love the photos of Vanina Sorrenti where the models are swimming nude in the lake. Gorgeous!

they all seem to have a way with light... they share a very poetic vision... there's this ed shot by vanina,the model in it is ana mihaljovic(?)... does anyone have pics? i love it

The Independent, London Fashion - Girlie shoot

Vanina Sorrenti

"I love finding beauty in the unexpected", says Vanina Sorrenti, a scion of the Sorrenti photography dynasty (her mother is Francesca, her brother Mario).

Central to the 28- year- old Italian's work are her subjects - mostly friends, rarely stick- thin - who exude an individual kind of glamour, whether skinny dipping in granny knickers or reclining in lingerie on shabby sofas.

A former fashion stylist, Sorrenti eschews "hair- dos" and make- up in favour of picturing women in their natural glory - a style that the likes of Vogue, i- D and brands such as Chloé and Ghost have been happy to adopt. This, together with the signature chiaroscuro lightning that sculpts the glorius alabaster flesh of those who pose for her, make for an unsettlingly bold naturalism.

"I want to photograph someone you can aspire to, who is tangible", she says. "Not an illusion that you will never achieve."

Our Cameras, Our Selves nymag.com

.. Sorrenti takes such pains to be unprovocative that her pictures have a boldness all their own. She is the latest member of the Sorrenti clan to take aim behind the camera; her mother, Francesca, and older brother Mario are both respected photographers; her younger brother Davide, also a photographer, gained a different kind of fame when he died of a heroin overdose a few years back. But she hasn't followed in any of their footsteps, moving toward developing a candid style of working that has more in common with a fine- art paradigm than with fashion. For one thing, she doesn't use any makeup.
"It's obvious that with a woman shooting a woman the dynamic is completely different," says Sorrenti. "It's not as sexual, but it's a lot more intimate. When it's the same sex, women on women or men on men, you're not projecting anything on them but identifying. With women, I try to find something within them that's close to myself and heighten that beauty, glorify it. And it's not like an expected or preconceived beauty."

I-d Dec01-Jan02

We don't have to put our clothes on to have a good time.
photo : Vanina Sorrenti
style : Fiona Dallanegra
models : Natalie, Laura, Daisy etc.

photos by me.

Any ideas where I can find more of Vanina's work online?
Not sure if M.A.P. still represent her, there is an empty portfolio of hers on their site. :(

[FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]Editorial by Vanina Sorrenti
model:
[/FONT][FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]Danijela Dimitrovska[/FONT][FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]:heart:[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]
fdib
[/FONT]

i dont think these have been posted..

"Nymphe"
Numero 42 France
April 2003
photographer vanina sorrenti
model diana dondoe

more by vanina sorrenti..
fashion does it better blog

13704173.jpg