Vanity Fair February 2010 : Tiger Woods by Annie Leibovitz

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by tarsha, Jan 4, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

[​IMG]

VanityFair

2. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

3. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I have no interest in Tiger Woods, or his little scandals. I dislike the cover as well, what's with that hat?

4. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

Bigger Cover

[​IMG]

JustJared

5. _rumc_

_rumc_ New Member

^Haha, there are already 4 threads :lol:

6. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^ Yes, I see. :D

7. Luxx

Luxx boop

Alright. Just one thread about Tiger and his veritable navy full of failboats.

Unsurprised that they went with him but this is an interesting choice of cover shots. Very different image than what we were used to seeing from him.

8. elsaskywalker

elsaskywalker -- aGGravaTion de caS --

Don't like the cover at all.
    Even if we know he has so much reasons to look sad, there's no need to look that depressed, that's such a bad idea to make him look like that.

9. LegBaby

LegBaby New Member

Wow, VF move quickly to make the best out of scandal. If this wasn't him I would actually quite like the unorthodox nature of the image chosen - but it is him, and I really, really don't like that. He doesn't deserve this at all IMO.

Also, the tagline ("Raw, Never-Before Seen Photos")? It sounds like a men's mag...

10. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

I think as soon as Vanity Fair writes a story about a controversial topic, more people will probably believe it but not many people will know about it. Like, people will grab the People or Us Weekly over the Vanity Fair though I think that Vanity Fair is probably more reliable.

11. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Hahah gotta love Vanity Fair, never been one to pass on a big scandal to cash in. But this is seriously unappealing cover image, i suppose its an older outtake provided by Leibovitz or did he especially pose, after the scandal? :unsure:

ps: Is this his first cover of VF? Either way he looks not so hot to me here, unflattering photo. And no i dont care what he had to say, i proudly avoided all the sensational and sordid stories about his affair's, hopefully there is something in the issue that is wroth reading, like usually.

12. ALAUU

ALAUU New Member

Vanity Fair is like a tabloid at times. If someone dies, cheats, or has some crazy publicity surrounding them, VF is the first to put that person on the cover.

13. Carla-A

Carla-A starving hysterical naked

It's exactly my thought.
    Is there any interest to put him on a cover? Personally, I don't think so.
    His life is "scandalous", so what? His personnality isn't necessarily interesting...
    If the cover was great, I wouldn't mind, but this looks so bad...

14. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

Tiger Woods.:lol: What a joke.

15. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Although keep in mind that Vanity Fair is a lifestyle magazine that has always reported on the popular culture (society, politics, entertaiment and every sordid story in between (Dunne basically brought it back with his sensational, and fun reports on murders & scandals of the wealthy), as a long time reader this does not surprise me. It actually makes sense they ran with it, bless them. And i know many people who dismiss the magazine as the "glossy tabloid" hiding behind big budget.

16. honeyisle

honeyisle Active Member

Ka-ching! VF knows what they're doing...It's business.

17. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

Gross...he's so boring and disgusting and I'm SO sick to death of hearing about him, he's irrelevant! :sick::yuk:

18. Working Girl

Working Girl New Member

Do not want.

19. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

If this is in some way meant to try to improve his image, which is severely tarnished (in the U.S. at least), then this is a total fail! The man looks like a scary thug prison inmate! I like the melancholy face--and think that the cover would have been quite effective if it was a basic headshot of him looking downtrodden-- but the cap, grotesque torso, and weight-lifting is much too San Quentin for my tastes. Yes, the whole weight-lifting theme may be meant to project that he is strong and resilient, but, for me, it just doesn't work. In addition, and this may sound very shallow, his body isn't even appealing here! Why would a man who is in the midst of an epic sex scandal want to appear shirtless on the cover of a magazine? This causes him to be, in a way, sexualized, and reminds the public of his "transgressions," that I'm sure he wants everyone to forget about. Thinking from a P.R. point of view, this cover image should have been as pared down and straight-laced as possible.

I do applaud Vanity Fair, however, for taking a ballsy move and featuring him on the cover. As many of their controversial covers/features in the past, this is sure to get a lot of press, which is exactly what VF wants.

#19 vavavinny, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 4, 2010
  20. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i wish they had done a proper cover and not one where he looks weird and uncomfortable