Vanity Fair February 2010 : Tiger Woods by Annie Leibovitz

In addition, and this may sound very shallow, his body isn't even appealing here!
Agreed...his body sure doesnt have me visualizing anything sexual..he needs to lift more weights...and put a paper bag over his head.

^
... and work those abs!!
Poor Tiger! Not so handsome, not such a tight body, the personality of a shoe box, and $600 million dollars.
Gee I wonder what all those women were attracted too! :innocent:

i wish they had done a proper cover and not one where he looks weird and uncomfortable

Everyone who poses for Annie Leibovitz looks weird and uncomfortable!:ninja:
... seriously though, VF trying to capitalize on Tiger's newly developed bad boy image, phasheez!! Would have been classier to not be so obvious.

But this is seriously unappealing cover image, i suppose its an older outtake provided by Leibovitz or did he especially pose, after the scandal? :unsure:

Well alledgedly he got plastic surgery, so it must be an outtake, but I was actually hoping the cover would be of him all bandaged and beat up. :lol::lol:

In addition, and this may sound very shallow, his body isn't even appealing here!

I had that exact same thought the first time I saw this cover. It really makes you appreciate those "original" pictorials for which the best photographs are often picked. "Never-before-seen", sure, but let's face it -- these are the outtakes that didn't make the original feature -- and judging by the cover shot, for very obvious reasons.

Also, the irony in featuring a "pre-scandal" portfolio post-scandal... I love it. :rolleyes: :lol:

On a serious note, though, aside from fans of Annie Leibovitz (whom I certainly don't identify myself with), I can't see what this cover or inside material (on TW) would have to offer anyone. Second rate outtakes by a sleeping pill of a photographer of a plain-looking celebrity "sportsman" with an inflated ego and the charisma of Gillette Mach 3 razor isn't my idea of a quality magazine feature. The only thing he was good at was golf -- the single most boring sports in the history of the universe, aside from baseball, of course -- and now, it seems, he's quit that as well. Why not move on to some genuinely interesting personae and faces instead of recycling his overexposed mug. :flower:

Sincerely,
Sandra

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the cover shot for the way it shows him to be the opposite of an airbrushed image, which is the very thing that's happened to his life. And with this shot, he's clearly flawed, made of imperfect flesh, he's not happy, he looks like a prison inmate, he looks like someone who's done wrong, in some way. I think it's an excellent image, for those reasons, as well as being hilarious for the sheer cheek of running it. It's open season on shooting him down, so I'll be intrigued to see what tone the article takes.

O tiger's heart,
wrapp'd in
a woman's hide!

Although for all the talk of how 'awful' his body is, I wouldn't kick any man who looked like that out of my house.

I like the cover shot for the way it shows him to be the opposite of an airbrushed image, which is the very thing that's happened to his life. And with this shot, he's clearly flawed, made of imperfect flesh, he's not happy, he looks like a prison inmate, he looks like someone who's done wrong, in some way. I think it's an excellent image, for those reasons, as well as being hilarious for the sheer cheek of running it. It's open season on shooting him down, so I'll be intrigued to see what tone the article takes.

O tiger's heart,
wrapp'd in
a woman's hide!

Although for all the talk of how 'awful' his body is, I wouldn't kick any man who looked like that out of my house.

I agree, I actually think it's the best cover Vanity Fair has for ages, (and usually I simply abhor Annie's pics). It's like Because the mask was forced to drop we can finally have an image of the real Tiger, a real person. And I also do not understand this "awful body" opinion, he looks fine.

Very clever by Vanity Fair and the nature of the cover shoot makes the issue even more of a novelty. Despite cheating, I greatly respect Tiger Wood's achievements as an athlete and the way he has managed his brand. VF have great transparency for publishing this cover despite the public outrage over Tiger Woods private life. I'm glad they can see past the layman's uncalled for despise for Tiger Woods just because he cheated.

Make no mistake, I'm not defending him, but infidelity is all around us. Tiger Woods is just human. Now I'm looking forward to reading the article and finding out what type of portrait they paint of him.

I actually like it. Very different for a Vanity Fair cover. I don't like Tiger and the idea of putting him on the cover in order to boost sales, but I like the cover.

What's happened to Vanity Fair? they've become such a sell out...tsk tsk

great cover, the best cover vf have produced in the last year. tigerrouge i agree with you too.

I'm too lazy to read through the thread, so I'm sorry if someone already mention this.

The cover image is from 2006 but it was never published until now.

In my opinion I love the cover so I may just buy this.

Ah yes, because apparently we can never have too much of a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder if I've subconsciously trained myself to be so apathetic about celebrities or if I was simply born missing that gene. I guess I'll never know, but until a star turns out to be some schizophrenic serial killer with a basement full of dismembered limbs taken from a troop of girl scouts I really don't see myself caring about their transgressions.

On the surface that's a terrible picture, and considering it was taken before his life turned into a hellish three-ring circus, I'm just left wondering why he looks like he was beaten with an ugly & haggard stick. Oh, and he's about as intimidating as those aforementioned girl scouts. I just don't get cell block from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->