Vanity Fair France December 2020/January 2021 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Casper Sejersen

I will never get her appeal. I’ve watched a few movies with her (from Melancholia to Nymphomaniac) and it’s always... underwhelming.

These Gainsbourg women only need to sneeze and the French will rush to throw covers at them. They've basically been on every top cover over the past few months.
And I don't get it because they're duller than a glass of milk.

The cover styling isn't awful, but it's better suited to editorial. Too slouchy for a cover. But maybe that's precisely why the French would like it. And yet again we have bad hair just like we did with Marina Föis. Lol

Tbh, since she joined the YSL clan, she just looks like your basic Parisian. She is a great woman but in terms of style, her association with Nicolas made her standout. Now, it’s jeans, blazers and blouses with bed hair and no make-up.

I will never get her appeal. I’ve watched a few movies with her (from Melancholia to Nymphomaniac) and it’s always... underwhelming.
I think she is better in romantic comedies or romantic dramas instead of the very « edgy » films like Nymphomaniac...

Yes a bit tiring that she looks the same, on every cover, all the time.

Those French publications will treat their women the same - boring Parisian chic. Her cover for Lula was fantastic. Oh and I really miss Lula.

Vanity Fair France December 2020/January 2021

Sa vie Nouvelle

Photographer: Casper Sejersen
Stylist: Camille Bidault Waddington
Hair: Pawel Solis
Makeup: Satoko Watanabe
Cast: Charlotte Gainsbourg

Vanity Fair France Digital Edition

Vanity Fair France December 2020/January 2021

Empire Des Signes

Photographer: Valetin Giacobetti
Stylist: Camille Bidault Waddington
Hair: Joseph Pujalte
Makeup: Satoko Watanabe
Cast: Marie-Agnes Diène, Éléonore Ghuritan

Vanity Fair France Digital Edition

I've always loved Charlotte, more for the music, but she's a good actress too.
Funny tho, because every French person I know, couldn't care less about her.
I think her appeal in France is purely tied to her parents, and only in relation to fashion.

On a side note, why is there a Vanity Fair France? Make it make sense.

Who’s the editor of VF France?....

They could try something different for once, even in the masculine Saint Laurent style, there is much more to do....

Tbh, since she joined the YSL clan, she just looks like your basic Parisian. She is a great woman but in terms of style, her association with Nicolas made her standout. Now, it’s jeans, blazers and blouses with bed hair and no make-up.

I think she is better in romantic comedies or romantic dramas instead of the very « edgy » films like Nymphomaniac...
Agree with you on both points. She actually could pull some of Nicolas's work which is already a great start comparing to her literally basic looks at YSL. Like, I have seen better Parisian style than hers as well.Also I like Charlotte and her music a lot.

I've always loved Charlotte, more for the music, but she's a good actress too.
Funny tho, because every French person I know, couldn't care less about her.
I think her appeal in France is purely tied to her parents, and only in relation to fashion.

On a side note, why is there a Vanity Fair France? Make it make sense.
I´m french, I love Charlotte's music, I love some of her movies and she's a sweet and nice person (I know her a little). And sure she's not a beauty like the typical cute girl, but here in France people love her, she has a public and a lot of (no gay) guys love her...

I wonder who’s the most popular actress in France and can represent France internationally

Léa, without a doubt. It does seem as though Adele Exarchopoulos is very famous among the French and I'm only saying that based on the sheer amount of coverage she's been getting, but I don't think the international audience, in general, would know her.

I have a soft spot for the brikin girls, because i love their mother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->