Vanity Fair July 2008 : Angelina Jolie by Patrick Demarchelier

Oh my God, I'm so SICK of her.I SO knew that we would get the annual birth comment bull**** from Angie 'I work for the U.N and I'm a know it all about foreign cultures in an annoying Benetton campaign kind of way but to balance my image I have to throw in that 'SEXY' image.'
If she could just shut up already, maybe I would find her more credible in the mother theresa role.

Last edited by a moderator:
UNIQ you could try her thread...i've posted them all there...:flower:

Oh my God, I'm so SICK of her.I SO knew that we would get the annual birth comment bull**** from Angie 'I work for the U.N and I'm a know it all about foreign cultures in an annoying Benetton campaign kind of way but to balance my image I have to throw in that 'SEXY' image.'
If she could just shut up already, maybe I would find her more credible in the mother theresa role.

well said .karma:flower:

I'm confused here, why the dichotomy, can't she surely be both; goodwill ambassador and stunning movie star? Surely the only way to get her cause heard would be to speak up about it, and she's in the perfect position to do so being one of the most famous women in the world?

I"m also confused by your post since mine had nothing to do with her identity or her status themselves but more about how she tries to use them or promote them, it's the image she's trying to give of herself and the purpose of it all that disturb me not the fact that she's stunning or a U.N ambassador.I do agree with tigerrouge's opinion about her trying to rebel in different ways as she gets older by having a lot of children, etc.However, I think that, while Angie has some personal issues to deal with, they have a lot to do with her desire to appear in a certain way in the public eye.No one is going to make me believe that by wh*ring herself the way she does 'Oh there's nothing that I like more than being in a bathtub with Brad....Oh I feel so sexy when I'm pregnant' there's no desire on her side to outbalance the 'saint' image that she's developed over the years, it's more the self-consciousness of it all that disturbs me as if she was saying 'Oh but don't worry, no come back, I'm not just a dull great ambassador, I swear, there's a lot of juicy details to spread about me...Wait, wait, did I tell you about that time when Brad and I were stuck in a hottub ?'.Angie doesn't want to just be a rebel, she also makes sure she appears that way as well in the public eye.I may be naive but I never got the whole hollywood star thing of taking their interviewer for their psychiatrist and sharing their intimacy with them but what I can't stand at all and seems really contradictory to me is being a supposed good will ambassador while promoting your private life.It's a bit like parading in Versace and barfing caviar while attending to a charity event.That may just be my personal point of view on this but sincere care and good deeds always come hand in hand with discretion and self awareness not being their prime concern.Somehow, the way Angie handles her private life makes me doubt about the sincerity of her acts as a public personality.

I think the best women are the ones that manage to seduce, irritate and inspire all at the same time.

What always gets me about the Angelina situation is the press reaction to the couple donating millions to charity; what's mostly unspoken is that when you have mega-millions, you're probably not going to notice the loose change of giving £5m to charity. It's not going to prevent you from buying that French farmhouse. If someone had £200 to their name and gave £50 of it to charity, that would actually represent a more personal sacrifice. And there probably are a lot of older/former celebrities who work damn hard behind the scenes to support charities, but because they aren't as glamorous as these two jet-setting saints, it doesn't fill column inches in the same way.

I think the best women are the ones that manage to seduce, irritate and inspire all at the same time.
I so very much agree with that point, i think it would be boring if we all liked Angelina.etc, and its always great when people have strong opinions without being nasty, and i loved reading what nanker and you wrote.

I agree but thats how it is, and they have a good PR team, but there are celebs out there that donate the same amount if not even more its just done under wraps.Surprisingly i read recently that The Beckhams (who are faar from media shy)donated 8 million dollars in 2007 to various kid charities they support, and it wasnt reported about it all, until much later and even then it wasnt a big news like it was with Brad and Angie.

Angelina is one trick pony when it comes to editorials. Yes, she is beautiful and sexy. But that is all your going to get from her pictures.

so true mss dalloway.there are many other famous people who dont get their charity work printed in every issue of ok magazine !

cuar03_jolie0807.jpg

I wish this one was the cover

I think that picture is kind of tacky...I love the ones where she doesn't have any lipstick on. I like my Angelina au naturel. :heart:

she is beyond gorgeous and IMO she cannot have bad pic.

p.s. i want that green wig!!!!

I really like the font Vanity Fair has been using on its covers this past year...

Love the cover, so relaxed and natural, especially in HQ! The editorial isn't bad either. However I prefer Angelina with darker lipstick on.
Thanks for posting.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->