Vanity Fair July/August 2022 : Dakota Johnson by Ryan McGinley

I like this! Very summery. Feels like a bit of a throwback, in a charming way, and Dakota looks beautiful.

On the site, some of the shots from this cover story seem to be beautiful, and these combined-month issues of VF usually have a decent amount of content.

I have a sweet spot for Dakota but this is incredibly pedestrian. It could’ve been taken with an iPhone for all I know.

Lovely. I like her and love the picture here.. nothing too ambitious, just natural, feel-good lighting..

Truth be told I've always thought of Dakota as a bit bland despite the countless magazine covers trying to package her, but this is simply beautiful. Looks like a cover from Graydon Carter era down to the fonts.

Imagine after all VF's experiments they've pivoted back to the very identity they tried to erase. Ironic really.

I imagine the same will happen to Bazaar.

beautiful portrait and very in season.

DAKOTA JOHNSON ON FAMILY, SEXUAL AGENCY - AND THE "PSYCHOTIC" MAKING OF FIFTY SHADES OF GREY (Preview)
Photography: Ryan McGinley
Styling: Yashua Simmons
Hair: Mark Townsend
Make-up: Lisa Storey
Model/Celebrity: Dakota Johnson

vanityfair.com

I like her as well. She seems to have an interesting sense of humor (love her AD video). Beautiful cover and editorial. Simple yet striking.

A passable editorial but nothing to do with the Graydon Carter era, it looks more like WJS or some Indie magazine, I want Jessica diehl as fashion director again

Cute and fresh editorial....Dakota has this interesting mix between approachable and mysterious in a cute sexy way....i like it...

A very pleasant cover with Dakota Johnson, has a Porter meets British Harper's Bazaar quality that I like and the photography from Ryan McGinley is beautiful. It's just... effortless and very easy on the eye.

This is now also the cover story for Vanity Fair España and Italia (same cover shot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->