Vanity Fair June 2012 : Marilyn Monroe by Lawrence Schiller

t-rex

everything sucks!
Reaction score
2uellqx.jpg

VanityFair.com

Finally, a dead celebrity!

:lol: "The Lost Nudes" that seems like something more fitting for Playboy, considering their "relationship" with her.

I wonder why Whitney didn't get the cover with that "special investigation" about her.

It's actually a really great picture of her though, I might actually get this.

haha yeah the cover line is a bit odd but marilyn looks really lovely and they did a good job choosing that picture.

I really like this! They should've given Whitney Houston a cover.

^I agree about Whitney getting a cover. She's much more deserving to have this one over Marilyn in my own opinion. But there's no denying that this is nice. Her smile is just beautiful.

Will NEVER ever get tired of Monroe, look at that glorious shot, she just oozes charisma and charm.etc

Such a beautiful cover, and its not the first time they did Monroe cover either, this must be the 4th or 3rd so far, she clearly still sells.

I thought Vanity Fair would be a little bit classier than to feature/discuss her "lost nudes", especially in an issue about the 50th anniversary of her passing.

^I'm always surprised by comments like that, because why? Why would you think VF is classy? Its basically a glossy rag magazine, that is ALL about salacious stories from the rich& famous, the dirtier the better. Just look at the story lines on this cover, from Obama's ex account of their dating, to Whitney's last moments. Its what they always been doing, except in the good old days you would have top notch reporting from Dominick Dunne.etc which made it a guilty pleasure. However Vanity Fair is anything but classy, that expensive paper they print on cant even hide that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have got to be kidding me. Why do they always put these dead people on the cover? I understand it's to pay tribute, but you don't need to pay tribute to Marilyn Monroe every year.

How many Marilyn covers are gonna get from VF, I mean seriously !!

It was only a matter of time until a dead celebrity graced their cover again!!!!

I'm so sick of seeing her basic face on VF covers. People seriously need to let this overrated "icon" go. I agree that Whitney deserved the cover more than someone who died over 40 years ago. :rolleyes:

When are we gonna stop putting Marilyn on covers? Let her rest!

I've never found her as interesting or provoking as people make her out to be.

THe only thing I can think is that Marilyn must sell really well for them. There's no other explanation. The woman has been dead for 50 years...what new information could there possibly be.

The only thing I can say is, no other star will have that kind of lasting power. Especially not anyone today.

I love that cover photo! Seriously!

Marilyn with little to no make-up and no Photoshop!
Every magazine that photo-shops their cover models to the point they look like wax dummies from Madame Tussauds, should study this cover.
Beauty shouldn't be artificial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterskk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->