Vanity Fair March 2019 : Miley Cyrus by Ryan McGinley

Expression is a bit off but hey it's VF. Go Miley she looks stunning.
Thank god she's sitting in water, would be even more boring without that.
Also could have done without the text on the right, makes it feel too squished.

Certainly unexpected. I like Miley, she has a great voice and the potential to be a fantastic musician so I'm not mad at it.

The Dior dress is hideous though; I get they were going for a mermaid washed up on a beach look but after all the gorgeous McQueen dresses we've seen in that vein over the years, this looks like a Southern aunt trying to emulate Lee.

Also, three out of the last four covers (if you count Yalitza on the Hollywood one) have been Dior. Someone's team is working overtime.

It's very sexy, but not ''in your face'', so I love it!
Miley looks SO stunning.

Not the most flattering shot, but still happy it’s Miley!

Next stop, Vogue?

Another month where Vanity Fair slowly moves back to resemble the magazine that it was - as if someone has issued a memo about the need for more glamour and scandal.

But it's being carried out by an editor who can't quite get behind the edict, hence we get Miley showing a bit of boob but generally dressed as the wife of Swamp Thing.

Another month where Vanity Fair slowly moves back to resemble the magazine that it was - as if someone has issued a memo about the need for more glamour and scandal.

This is very true! The past covers of Vanity Fair have obviously returned to Graydon’s Era (a little toned down maybe).

This got me wondering how the sales of this magazine are. Surely, sales have affected the decision. You can see a sudden shift in perspective. The first few issues of Radhika showed her vision for the magazine, but come November it shifted.

Compare this cover to the covers of Lena, Kendrick, Emilia, Michelle, and Felicity. All of those looked very very toned down, and borderline indie, while this... you could fool me that Graydon came back!

Forget my comment about Dior, in a truly professional manner an intern at Vanity Fair changed the dress credit to Gucci after realizing they made a mistake.

Miley Everlasting

Photographer: Ryan McGinley
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Bob Recine
Makeup: James Kaliardos
Manicure: Gina Edwards
Cast: Miley Cyrus

Vanity Fair Digital Edition

Rebels with a Cause

Photographer: Micaiah Carter
Hair: Johnnie Sapong
Makeup: Frank B
Manicure: Stephanie Stone, Michelle Saunders
Cast: Dree Hemingway, Cailee Spaeny, Ismael Cruz Cordova, Richard Madden, De Wanda Wise, Jeremy O'Harris, Pom Klementieff, Steven Yeun, Rowan Blanchard, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Rad Hatter

Photographer: Cass Bird
Hair: Lacy Redway
Makeup: Frank B
Manicure: Gina Edwards
Cast: Zazie Beetz

Selma Blair's Transformation

Photographer: Cass Bird
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Makeup: Dick Page
Manicure: Casey Herman
Cast: Selma Blair

Happy to see Miley gracing a cover and even happier to see the positive comments in here, a few years ago that was very different when Miley graced a cover! She does look stunning, although that Dior dress really is tragic.
Love the Selma Blair story as well.

And sexy Richard Madden ofcourse <3

That corny swooshy typeface reminds me of OUT magazine’s new logo. Completely does not jibe with the magazine’s aesthetic and the readability is terrible.

Also whoever is responsible for putting arrows next to the cover lines needs to be fired. VF is a hot mess just like their drowning Cookie Monster cover star.

THIS FONT IS AWFUL.

It really is! And the make matters worse the cover shot itself (and the whole entire shoot) isn't much better. Never rated Ryan McGinley's work, so I'm certainly not overwhelmed by this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->