Vanity Fair November 2018 : Michael B. Jordan by Cass Bird

Well finally something with a bit of a sex appeal, but not going too far like GC!!

I approve this, better fonts and it would be more striking!

So if it's not close enough that you see people's pores, then it's so far away you hardly recognise the who's on the cover. It's a passable image. I don't get the guy and the cult around him though. Would need to flip through this first because based on the image and coverlines, it's not enough to warrant a purchase.

Oh this is great. Everything works for me here; hopefully the new Vanity Fair has found it's rhythm.

I really liked the layout design on last month's cover, and I love it here. They were missing the directional images Graydon produced in his time, but they've nailed it here for me. It's a contemporary, fresh take on a celebrity portrait, compared to the gaudy camp of the VF of old. I enjoyed that over the top Hollywood glamour, but I think this is a lovely hybrid of today's pared down aesthetic and the more concept driven cover images we're used to from this magazine.

I like this! My michael looks goood!

The headlines remind of the GC days.

The editor's debut issue had a stunning shot of Jennifer Lawrence on the front, but it feels like it's been downhill since that first cover.

So while this certainly looks interesting, I've learned not to judge a magazine by its cover, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Same story with UK Vogue - what a great shot of Adwoa on that December issue, but almost a year later, where have all the fireworks gone? Or of more interest to myself, where's Meisel gone?

What is the fixation of this magazine on showing men on their cover with half the body out of the water? They did it with Chris Pratt in February last year (and it's much better than this)

There’s need for it to be so zoomed out. Aside from that this is welcome return to Graydon’s Type of covers. They actually tried to make an interesting image.

Good, although the image itself is not that strong, at least they chose an angle where you don't see his weird chin.

He's really photogenic but I've never seen a really good picture of him.
He looks peeved to me, and a fully clothed celebrity in the pool is sooo cliché.

Review:

154 pages.

"Queen Elizabeth"
P: Daniel Jackson
S: Samira Nasr
Elizabeth Debicki

100 power players/new establishment list, Israeli Yamam, NFL cheerleaders, David Solomon of Goldman Sachs, "The Sultan of Bling," Matthew Weiner

Boring image.That font is hideous too

This is the most Vanity Fair-esque cover we've had in months, and easily my favorite cover since Radhika Jones took over the magazine. I'm a fan of the fonts here too and I like how retro the cover feels. A thumbs up from me!

I got my subscription copy about two weeks ago, and I still haven't bothered opening the bag, I've become that disinterested in what this magazine is offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->